google adsense??

Hi Guys,

Recieved my email from Google Adsense today about the approval of our site into their program.

I have went through everything and setup the code on my site.

Whats weird is, our site is a webmaster resource site and yet the ads display fundraisers on AIDs and other sicknesses

I wouldn't suppose there would be many clickthru's for that on a webmaster site..

Anyone know what I did wrong or what step I missed?
    Does it take time for google to spider my site to realize the content of it so that the ads can match it?

Any help is appreciated

It takes them some time to spider your site for its content, and then they'll display relevant ads.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

Originally posted by N9ne
    It takes them some time to spider your site for its content, and then they'll display relevant ads.
    Thank you for the input.

I think i saw something about Public Service Announcements when filling out all the forms...maybe they have those on temporary until they figure out what ads will be relative to my site.

Originally posted by hostsell
    Does it take time for google to spider my site to realize the content of it so that the ads can match it?
    Exactly right, as N9ne said as well. Watch your logs for a crawl from a bot called "Mediapartners-Google/2.1"

You won't get paid anything for the public service ads; they use those whenever they don't have a match to your content or when, as in your case, they don't yet know what the content is.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Also, if there are no relevant ads for some content - they may display some non-profit ads as well.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

I see, thanks alot guys..

(Any idea how long it will take to spider?) Got approved today, placed the code on the site right away...

It can take up to a few hours. For me it worked within 1-2 hours.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

What are these 'PSAs' you are talking about?
    Don't look for a way out.

Also, I believe that you can replace public service announcements and non-profit ads with something of your choosing from the adsense control panel.

Edit: Yep, it's the 'alternate ads' feature: https://www.google.com/adsense/code
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

I just got my approval as well (inspired by WHT threads). That's the first time I've ever seen a search engine company say you shouldn't have a robots.txt file!