Arrow News ::CAR BOMB in Riyadh residential area. No casualties as yet

Can anyone else confirm casuatly figures as i've got no further info at this time.

This came fresh off the news wire only minutes ago.

Where is Riyadh? I'm an ignorant american, and i'm playing yahtzee online, so i can't look it up.

It's not on any of the american news channels.
    Don't look for a way out.

Ok, looks ike i was too quick ha, this has just appeared on Sky News >>

Article extract >>

A car bomb has exploded in a residential area of the Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh, according to witnesses.

The blast in the Al-Salam district caused no casualties, a spokesman for the Saudi interior ministry said.

He said: "It was a small blast and the car was not stuffed with explosives but we are investigating the incident."

A warning that a terrorist attack could be in the final stages of preparation in the kingdom was issued by the Foreign Office on Sunday.

An FO statement said: "Following terrorist attacks in Riyadh in May and November, we continue to believe terrorists are planning further attacks in Saudi Arabia, and that these could be in the final stages of preparation."

Saudi authorities and foreign embassies in the kingdom have been on heightened alert since the May 12 and November 8 attacks on residential compounds in Riyadh that killed a total of 52 people.

More follows...

End extract <<

This time we've got no casuatlties, it might've gone off prematurely but there was some intel out recently in regard to Brtish assets in the region so this validates it.

Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia by the way.