The one thing i DONT LIKE about Christmas

If there's one thing I dont like about Christmas, It's the fact that finding a take out/delivery pizza or chinese place open (let alone anywhere else) is next to impossible.

so that means tonight I dine on crackers and cheese.

Well its Christmas, most businesses close anyway and others that don't necessarily have a link through belief or customs take the opportunity to close as business is reduced greatly and the demand isn't relly there.

Well that is from a UK perpective, next year, shops larger than a few thousand square feet will not be aloud to open by law.

I celebrate Christmas so it isn' really a problem for me at all but if you didn't it might be but then again most over here do a weekly shop and it would be unlikely that they are short of food.

So i can't really agree but i can understand your situation.

lol i wouldnt want pizza tonite, but i guess if i didnt have a turkey id consider it..

yes I have no turkey and the cupboards are bare.

it'll be my first non-traditional christmas in awhile

My dad's friend runs a pizza business and was smart enough to stay open today. Got quite a bit of busines, too!

If a grocery store is open, get some tomato sauce, mozzerella cheese, and a Boboli pizza crust.. they're REALLY tasty!

Planning ahead is a good idea. I mean, didn't you know most places would be closed today?

Sorry to hear about the cheese and crackers day though.

We had pizza last night... and, today I am stuck eating Mac & Cheese.

I had something similar happen - I'm a caffiene addict like many here are... And I ran out of my favorite caffinated beverage - found a 7-11 that's open today though, so it's all good

But you seriously have no food in the house?
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

I have enough food for breakfast tomorrow morning. (porridge oranges and bagels)

I left for a few days on the 22nd, and I felt that there was no point in buying groceries for an empty house.

upon my return today... no food, nothing open.

and tomorrow no time to buy anything... work 5am-8pm.

luckily I am not a coffee drinker. I'd be hurting right now.

ouch! you work some long hours woodshedd!
    Gone.

Originally posted by JTY
    We had pizza last night... and, today I am stuck eating Mac & Cheese.
    Me too.

Originally posted by WoodShedd
    ... work 5am-8pm.
    Bah, a short day...

Hey, just crack open a bottle of Chianti, and let it breathe. Then open up a simple can of tuna, pour some vodka on it, light it, and have yourself a "tuna flambe".

Such a simple meal, such elegance.

(Don't forget to blow out the flame before taking your first bite. )

Merry Christmas.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Wua i actually left without cigs in Christmas Eve's, while i was out in a restaurant with my girl. And they didn't ever sold cigs in the restaurant, so i had to "go walk" and search for cigs. Lucky me - i found a store open quick enough.
    Though i saved some food for those days. And mom' also made a lot of food. I'm like a pig now
    And actually i'm not pretty used with "american's way of eat" so i can't recommend you something. Though i wish you a Merry Christmas, with or without food.

Regards,
    Adrian.

Thanks Adrian.

I'm not used to the American fashion of eating either; I excercise a little restraint

7-11 is open so I'll see what sort of semi-natural food item I can score myself tonight.

and about the long hours... that's retail sales for you, at least on Canada's equivalent of the day after US thanksgiving.

Go to a movie...have popcorn. Or try a Mobil Mart..lol...

I love Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!(Thick Crust is the BEST)

The Dude

Well i had 2 christmas dinners 1st i had at my folks 12pm as my mam is a nurse and she started work at 1.30 (so she gets new year off) had that had a chat etc then i headed over to my fioncees folks where she was having christmas dinner so i though what the heck and had another1 it was awsome ..

Back to the point hell yea i love pizza 2 also for people who like hot food get a Pot Noodle Bombaybadboy awsome if your coming down with the flu

I had yummy turkey dinner!!!!!! Cranberry Sauce,etc......

Bread with gravy and slices of turkey on top,mmmmmmmm,too bad its usually only 2 times a year!!!!!

The Dude

well luckly for my my fioncee works in our village pub on a sunday as a waitress and there meals are ace! anyways she allways brings me back a massive plate full off sunday dinner im telling you if you seen how pilled up it was you would think it was alive

i live close to a college town, so i was able to find an awesome pizza place open. got a fat cat and a fat b!tch. for those of you not in the know, a fat cat is a burger patty, tomato, ketchup (i do mayo instead) and french fries *all in a bread roll*. beat that.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

all shops and eating places are open here in Singapore =)