Thread: google ads?

google ads?

Hi,
    I have been seeing those everywhere!

For example,
    HostingDiscussion.com (on the right)

What do you get in return for putting them on your site?
    Anyone used that service before? And what is it called?

Thanks alot!

You get money for putting ads on your site.. each user / member that clicks on the ads you get money im unsure how much you get but you get some..

www.google.com/adsense

I use it on one of my hobby sites and it's the best ad based system I've ever used. You're paid on clickthroughs, I have no idea how they figure out what you get paid, but I'm a very happy camper. I've never seen returns on ads like this before (least on my site hehe).

https://www.google.com/adsense/

Is there anywhere I can see what they base the payment ratios on?

I doubt you'll know till you try it out.

When I think about it, I have a hunch it's based on what the advertiser is willing to pay per click-through. Much like their Adwords program for google searches. Then you get a percent of that. I've had numbers all over the place. My suggestion is to just sign up and give it a try, can't hurt.
    Last edited by DoMeric; 12-24-2003 at 07:12 PM.

yeah DoMeric got it right, it's based on the amount the advertise pays ... i.e. some days I get 20 clicks and I get paid $15 for the day while on another day I get also 20 clicks, but only get paid $8.
    So it very much depends on input of the advertiser.

Check the TOS for adsense DoMeric, you're not allowed to give out figures. Probably not worth risking someone reporting you out of spite

Well I suppose by saying it's doing really well on one of my sites that I'm scurting section 8.b (I've already read it). But since the site isn't connected, and it'd be damn hard to back track, I'm not worried. Thanks though.

google adsense will do quite well for forum based sites and informational based sites with people seeking information related to a product or service.

then come to think of it -- if you have a commercial site and say offer 'web hosting' by having google adsense featuring ad's to do with web design / internet marketing and what not, you probably will still be able to do well with their program :-)

Originally posted by nuthin
    google adsense will do quite well for forum based sites and informational based sites with people seeking information related to a product or service.

thats the que for me to sign up...

Google adsense is highly recomended by me. I have them on all my sites. But my web hosting does better than all of them.
    www.*********.com

Why would you run ads for your competitors on your hosting site?
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

Originally posted by NovaW
    Why would you run ads for your competitors on your hosting site?

you can just blok those site witch you dont want to advertise on you site !!

does anyone ever get a good return on these ads?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

If you have many visitors / page views you can actually make some good money, you can certainly pay for your dedicated...

Originally posted by Neo_The_One
    you can just blok those site witch you dont want to advertise on you site !!
    Yep, understood - but I was just suprised to see google ads for web hosting running the home page of a web host
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

Originally posted by NovaW
    Yep, understood - but I was just suprised to see google ads for web hosting running the home page of a web host
    Actually, for web hosts just starting out, it is a great idea, because sometimes, new web hosts can make more money off google ads than on their current clients. Plus if they have dedicated clients, more times than not, the client will stay with that host. Mainly for the just starting up reason. But for hosts that have lots of clients or customers, just having all the views at their web site, (being high on search engines) couple ads here and there will bring in lots of extra revenue.

-xeoHosting

Originally posted by zoli
    If you have many visitors / page views you can actually make some good money, you can certainly pay for your dedicated...

i know i made around 400 USD my first month it sais that they have sendt the money i just hope they have

it been 1 week and 3 days now and nothing yet does any one know how long it takes to get a check all the way to Norway ?

Most of my competitors are more expensive than me.The ads work great. I either pick up a new customer or they click on the ads and find out we offer more for a better price. Adsense, you win either way. It works great for me. I got them on all six of my sites including the free hosting I give out sometimes.If you find someone cheaper you can block the ad. If you have not tried adsense you need to. Adsense can be more profitable than having a full time job if your gets hits and your ads pertain to your site. everyone knows web hosting companies pay the most on Google Adwords. I was suprised when I read an article about how much hosting companies spend on just one click.

www.*********.com
    www.genmaps.com a great php-Nuke gaming site for C&C
    Last edited by colorteck; 12-27-2003 at 08:43 PM.

anyone heard of adgoogle.net?

Nope haven't heard of them, though I'd be warry of them from what I read. Sure you get submitted to tons of search engines. You can do that for much less yourself with the right software program. Second off they use the domain AdGoogle, when google isn't even one of the sites they submit to (well I do see "Google Italia").

Hey neo you will get your check. I think its 30 days from the end of the month. go to your google adsense account and you should see there payout notice
    www.*********.com

i realy hope so

Payment history:
    Date ------------------------------------Description-----------Amount
    Wednesday, December 17, 2003- Payment sent-------(543.51)

Just so you know, when I go to a business website such as a web hosting company and see google ads for their competitors I immediately move on.

Advertising for your competitors shows either you don't understand how business works, you can't configure a simple advertising program, or your site is a sham just created to get google adsense income.