hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Managed.com I love them

Forum Jump

Managed.com I love them

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Web Hosting Master

Managed.com I love them

I just needed my server reimages, they replyed within 5 minutes and told me it was being re-images as we spoke.

I changed my mind also about the operaying system after payment and they changed it no problem.

I think managed.com dont deserve being flamed so much, they are quick, reliable dedicated host in my opinion.

- Flammable

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

How long have you been with them? If you have only been there shortly, let us know in a month and a few months of the full status.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

I will keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Community Liaison

How long have you been their client?

Old 12-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

This server has been with them a few days.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by flammable
This server has been with them a few days.
Is that 1 or 2 or 3 or how many? Why evade such a simple question? And the url of a site you have hosted with them?

Old 12-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

I havnt pointed my website to their server yet as i am configuring it to my needs. I was commenting on their support and quickness.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:27 PM
Temporarily Suspended

What is the big deal? The client is happy and is telling others regarding support by www.Managed.com. Yes, it's in the very early stages. But to date, the client is happy. Another member asked to keep us updated and flammable agreed to do so.

I know of one hosting company that uses their services. So far from what I have seen, not bad at all. Time will tell.

Old 12-24-2003, 04:02 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

well managed are going to have their fare share of bad reports, as are any low-cost provider.

One person's bad experience doesnt mean anyone else's will follow suit.
The only way to know is to try it out yourself

Old 12-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Web Hosting Master

I am very critical about providers, SM support is crap, Managed support is great. Networks at both are great, network at Managed is faster to Australia.

Managed wins IMHO... Only support we need is reboots.

Take it as you see fit.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Build It Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritAu
Managed support is great
This is based on exactly how many days of first hand experience? How many support tickets have you had to submit dealing with complex issues that would really determine the capability of the technicians answering the tickets and the quality of their solutions?

Making a statement like "Managed support is great" and then saying you only need reboots really means you have no idea how good their support is, as by your own admission you have never really used it.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Community Liaison 2.0

er, something went wrong here. Please delete

Old 12-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
This is based on exactly how many days of first hand experience? How many support tickets have you had to submit dealing with complex issues that would really determine the capability of the technicians answering the tickets and the quality of their solutions?
Server reload - 1.5 hours.
Booted to older kernel for us..
I own a system administration company - I don't need them dealing with complex issues, they offer unmanaged boxes. We can deal with those ourselves. I have every trust in them - that if we have issues in the future, they'll have remote hands to help us.

Server Matrix has let us down in everyway in this department. Server Matrix suck - they couldn't understand between 6 phone calls and 4 tickets that all we wanted was a primary made slave and new disk installed as slave with fresh OS. Yet they continue to get prase here on the board. I am really thinking of pulling our boxes at Server Matrix - and moving to Managed.com, however I don't want the stresses involved.

Quote:
Making a statement like "Managed support is great" and then saying you only need reboots really means you have no idea how good their support is, as by your own admission you have never really used it.
It's an unmanaged box - what support do you want for $55/months!!! If reboots at Managed are under 10 mins they beat Server Matrix's 45 min reboots.
So for example a box of ours went down at Server Matrix - submitted a ticket after 10 mins I called SM, asked them to check my ticket and reboot. Still 30 mins nothing... Call back 35 mins; they say they are looking at it. All it needed was a simple reboot!!! But it took them 55 mins to go press the reset button

As comparison to other providers:
Managed
Ev1Servers
BurstNet (very close with Ev1)
Server Matrix / The Planet

Now when all I use support for is reboots Ė the above is very true. These are all unmanaged boxes (Server Matrix Ė isnít really Ďmanagedí IMHO, more some basic updates done on your behalf. Burstís support is more managed than SM, IMHO)

Now I donít use support for anything more then reboots Ė and thatís all I need. I want to be able to submit a ticket and be able to ssh into it. SM never checks that Ė I miss the days of Burst/Rackshack that use to check ssh after a reboot. If Burstís network had better uptime Ė Iíd be with them still not SM. If Managed were around 9 months ago Ė Iíd have been with them now!!

So if all I use support for is reboots, and that is really youíre all entitled to with an unmanaged server and Managed has worked great with me for the few weeks Iíve been with them Ė why question my judgement? I run very successful businesses, and I am somewhat an active member on the board. Iíve found a great solution thatís working for me! Perhaps they are not for everyone Ė but they are exactly what I am after.

Old 12-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Web Hosting Master

Watcher_TVI seems you enjoy bashing others

Quote:
Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
... these types of low budget providers end up with more problems than the higher quality hosts....
Is this because your with a managed dedicated provider servint.com? Why would you use such a provider if your know so much about server management????

Old 12-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

lol - i smell a bit conflict

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WiredTree Listing 2014-01-23 19:31:16
Netsimplify Listing 2014-01-22 04:25:37
CubicWebs Listing 2014-01-10 12:19:24
Licensecart Listing 2014-01-07 12:16:53
Intermedia Launches Cloud Server to Move On-Premise Business Apps to Cloud Web Hosting News 2012-09-20 11:35:58