happy holidays email

do you all send out happy holidays emails to your customers?
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

We're planning one.

It'll be more of a review of acheivements in 2003 and goals for 2004. This won't be contrived though - at the end of the day clients generally don't give a hoot about what was introduced and what is planned so we'll word the e-mail relevantly.

We'll be slipping in a special offer for domain registration/renewal too to make some extra cash over Christmas.

We'll be personalising the e-mail too - I've just received the worst "Happy Holidays" e-mails from one of our suppliers.

Kevin

We send out hand addressed Christmas cards without any fluff or advertising, just well wishes for the Holidays. It is quite the tedious task, and it's pretty expensive (I'm quite attached to the Thomas KinKade cards and postage isn't cheap either).

It takes quite a bit to pull it all off but our customers are worth the extra effort.

me and a good friend hung christmas lites up all month to make some extra cash, after they ran an article in the local business section we got swamped with calls, none the less, his aunt is a photographer and we sent out cards of there house all lit up at nite, with a warm unique greeting in each
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

we send a general holiday one in an attempt to not leave anyones celebrations out
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Not this year as I've yet to go full-blown, but I'll definitely be sending a general card next year.

I was too caught up with finals last week to think about putting anything together. Next year hopefully I'll be able to get some cards sent out to my customers that are in North America at least. Possibly my Aussie Customers. I dunno how well a christmas card would go over for my chinese or pakistani (sp?) customers

We will be sending a general happy holidays e-mail since we do not know if they celebrate Christmas or not.

I was going to mail out some pens n stuff this year But, never got around to it with all sorts of crisis happening So I've got a ton of pens sitting around Maybe I'll do it next year - this year's going to be email only.

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

Pens? As in "Ion-Web" on them? I know you would buy in bulk, but wouldn't that cost quite a bit?
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Yup - company name, website address.. etc It's not that expensive when you buy in bulk - hand them out around town too - and they make their rounds. I've seen 'em at the local stores, wal-mart, et al.. Cheapie advertising

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

If you have a small client base try sending out some real cards, it will add a new level to your relationship with your client, as in not just phone, web contact, but something real, that they can see and touch.

Originally posted by emzec
    If you have a small client base try sending out some real cards, it will add a new level to your relationship with your client, as in not just phone, web contact, but something real, that they can see and touch.
    Great advice!

I got a card from an online ppc advertiser, hand-signed, conversion ratio is average but I like the special attention you get from some companies so I of course reward that by continuing to use them.

Happy Holidays!

Ryan
    Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

I have a small client base for hosting and design in which I send out Christmas cards to. Actually, they are more seasonal cards simply because not everyone celebrates the holidays so I am careful not to offend them.

Ive done both, real cards, and then we did Happy Holidays "We Cater Hosting" fridge magnets one year. The trouble though when sending through snail mail, IF your current client info isnt up to date it will be returned.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Everyone celebrates New Years, so why not send out a new years card to all of your clients - That way you don't insult anybody if they don't celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanza (The 3 major December holidays ).

-Josh

I just sent out a general happy holidays letter to our clients, i didn't single out any single one
    ZerX Host Administration
    www.ZerXHost.com
    We Bring the WEB to Our Clients!

Like someone said earlier pens are great, I mean I have like 1000 different pens from different business just laying around:/ I dont know if I have ever called someone for a service because of there pen, but still nice. Anywho I think sending out a greeting card should be more of a hey we appreciate your business rather then a marketing ploy:/ my 2 cents newho

I don't have a single pen in my house that I actually bought...all free pens from here and there... :-P
    ZerX Host Administration
    www.ZerXHost.com
    We Bring the WEB to Our Clients!

exactly zer actualy the pen I mainly use now is one I got free in the mail as a demo from one of them pen maker people companies plus phils tire barn has a nice grip and a lovely clicker

Yup we send them..

BTW- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone reading this post

We sent out cards to all our UK-based customers on the 1st December. We don't generally mail international customers unless we need to because of the costs involved. Obviously the CD backups have to be mailed, but we charge our clients for those. We also sent out an email today just to let everyone know there are new services coming in 2004, that we will only have limited staff through the Christmas and New Year period and that we are continuing to provide the high quality service they've become used to. We did intend to get gift certificates off but due to a family problem it was too late for me to organize anything this year...