Question FatCow.com and a .org name

We had a new client signup for our service last week.

They did not register the name though us (we use Enom) They registered the .org with http://www.fatcow.com (who uses Tucows)

They registered the name over a week ago (10 days to be exact) and it has still not propigated.

One thing I did notice is when I do a whois on the .org names we have with Enom it shows both of our DNS servers, but when I do a whois on this new .org name it only shows one DNS server.

Any ideas on what is causing it to take so long to propigate?
    Last edited by RobertBasil; 12-21-2003 at 04:13 PM.

if the DNS is correct then it should have resolved

try www.dnsreport.com

Originally posted by Domain-Chat
    if the DNS is correct then it should have resolved

try www.dnsreport.com
    Thanks for trying to help, but I don't think you understand my question. Let me explain a little better.

I know our DNS servers are working. We have over 6,000 domain names pointed to them (along with a few hundered other .org names)

It's only this one .org that is showing only one DNS server (that was not registered through us) in it's whois that we are having problems with.

So let me ask again,

Shouldnt a Tucows .org domain whois show both DNS servers when you do a "whois" on it?
    Last edited by RobertBasil; 12-21-2003 at 10:47 PM.

Originally posted by RobertBasil
    So let me ask again,

Shouldnt a Tucows domain whois show both DNS servers when you do a "whois" on it?
    I don't know if I understand your question correctly either, but Tucows domain whois DOES show both nameservers.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by nameslave
    I don't know if I understand your question correctly either, but Tucows domain whois DOES show both nameservers.
    That's exactly what I was wondering. The .org in question only shows one of our name servers when you do a whois on it. Looks like FatCow.com screwed up when they put in the nameservers and only put one for our customer.

Sure wish the customer would have just used us instead of FatCow.com to register the domain name. Hell, we are even cheaper than FatCow.com

Sure would have saved a lot confusion on what the name won't propigate correctly.

RobertBasil,

If you can tell me what domain you are working with I'll look into it. Our customers typically use our Control Panel to update their DNS information directly and our system, as well as Tucows', should throw an error on anything less than two DNS records.

However, there have been plenty of issues with PIR so I won't say there isn't something wrong.

You can contact me via PM with the info. Let me know what I can do.

Kellie
    FatCow Web Hosting.
    www.fatcow.com
    Fast, Reliable and Friendly.
    Now Beefier Than Ever.

Originally posted by RanchHand
    You can contact me via PM with the info. Let me know what I can do.
    PM sent, thanks Kellie!

Got it and I think you're all set now. Let me know if you or your customer need anything else.
    FatCow Web Hosting.
    www.fatcow.com
    Fast, Reliable and Friendly.
    Now Beefier Than Ever.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by RanchHand
    Got it and I think you're all set now. Let me know if you or your customer need anything else.
    Domain is working great now, thanks for fixing the problem!

I suggest imediate legal action! No, just kidding. Keep a cool head and deal with them like they are human beings. If not just move your business elsewhere and they'll learn their lesson.

- G, Holke

Originally posted by G_Holke
    I suggest imediate legal action! No, just kidding. Keep a cool head and deal with them like they are human beings. If not just move your business elsewhere and they'll learn their lesson.

- G, Holke
    ????

We don't use FatCow, one of our clients did. (We use Enom) But what I have found is that FatCow takes good care of their customers.