hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : PETA's Latest Tactic

Forum Jump

PETA's Latest Tactic

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Ahh! I'm sideways!

PETA's Latest Tactic

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...93&format=text

Quote:
Animal rights advocates will single out small children at performances of ``The Nutcracker'' in the next few weeks by handing out fliers saying ``Your Mommy Kills Animals'' to youngsters whose mothers are wearing fur.

``Children can't look up to a mom in a battered-raccoon hat or a crushed coyote collar,'' said Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. ``Maybe when they're confronted by their own children's hurt looks, fur-wearers' cold hearts will melt.''

The fliers include a color drawing of a woman plunging a large bloody knife into the belly of a terrified rabbit. The fliers urge kids to ``ask your mommy how many dead animals she killed to make her fur clothes.

``And the sooner she stops wearing fur, the sooner the animals will be safe. Until then, keep your doggie or kitty friends away from mommy - she's an animal killer.''
Here's a copy of the flyer:

http://www.furisdead.com/mommykills300.pdf

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Web Hosting Master

People still wear fur?

Old 12-21-2003, 03:23 AM
Junior Guru

100% in support.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2003, 03:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

That article is old, 4 days old.

I heard it around 5 days ago.

Old 12-21-2003, 03:47 AM
Web Hosting Master

Oh god that flyer is bloody, shame on the PETA :|

Old 12-21-2003, 03:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

This is ridiculous...

Old 12-21-2003, 04:09 AM
Web Hosting Master

Pretty obvious they care about animals but don't care squat about children.

Old 12-21-2003, 04:17 AM
Ahh! I'm sideways!

Quote:
Originally posted by is0lized
That article is old, 4 days old.

I heard it around 5 days ago.
Me too. But it hasn't been posted about, has it? I'm quite sure some people have not heard.

Old 12-21-2003, 06:13 AM
Web Hosting Master

That's what "Google News" is for

Old 12-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

I put the PETA people in the same group as those that offer unlimited bandwidth.

Old 12-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Web Hosting Master

If a racial minority such as an Inuit group were to wear fur, would PETA therefore condemn them, too? Curious - we don;t have PETA in the UK.

Web Hosting World: UK webhosting news/blog/forums

Old 12-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Hail Eris !

I do not like many things that PETA does, but I agree with this one 100%.

Old 12-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

omg, I am all for animal welfare but PETA is too extreme

Old 12-21-2003, 05:02 PM
Web Hosting Master

Haha, I'd be in jail for assault and battery SO FAST.

I guess I'm a minority here when I say I like leather, got leather seats in my wife's mini van Own a couple leather jackets. Not crazy about fur coats mainly because a good one is quite expensive and a bitch to clean. I like a good steak, I fish, don't hunt much but it's nothing against hunting just got other things to do than trudge thru the cold woods, though I won't turn down venison from my hunter friends though.

I guess my outlook is animals are and have been used by humans since forever, and while I don't agree with abusing an animal however a good quick kill is just part of life. For much of what we eat/use/wear something has to die, sorry if that offends someone. If you're not comfortable with it, then go vegan, quit wearing leather, most makeups, and many other products, it's YOUR conscience and if it's harmed by using animal products then do what's right by YOU and quit using them. Me personally, I'll keep on hitting Logan's on saturday afternoons for that badass 20oz porterhouse while wearing my leather jacket and sitting on my leather seats getting there And if I see a good deal on a nice fur coat my wife will be wearing one

Old 12-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dixiesys
Haha, I'd be in jail for assault and battery SO FAST.

I guess I'm a minority here when I say I like leather, got leather seats in my wife's mini van Own a couple leather jackets. Not crazy about fur coats mainly because a good one is quite expensive and a bitch to clean. I like a good steak, I fish, don't hunt much but it's nothing against hunting just got other things to do than trudge thru the cold woods, though I won't turn down venison from my hunter friends though.

I guess my outlook is animals are and have been used by humans since forever, and while I don't agree with abusing an animal however a good quick kill is just part of life. For much of what we eat/use/wear something has to die, sorry if that offends someone. If you're not comfortable with it, then go vegan, quit wearing leather, most makeups, and many other products, it's YOUR conscience and if it's harmed by using animal products then do what's right by YOU and quit using them. Me personally, I'll keep on hitting Logan's on saturday afternoons for that badass 20oz porterhouse while wearing my leather jacket and sitting on my leather seats getting there And if I see a good deal on a nice fur coat my wife will be wearing one
I completely agree with every statement there ... except I go to Dakota Steakhouse for my steak.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Latest Iteration of UK Government's G-Cloud Initiative to Go Live This Month Web Hosting News 2014-05-02 15:31:14
Hard-to-Find Malicious DLL Found in Some Microsoft IIS Web Servers Web Hosting News 2013-12-10 12:52:53
Go Daddy Blocks Whois Info on Expiring Domains, Protects Domain Auction Business Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 11:20:35
Learn how to evaluate lead generation options for B2B technology companies and the critical questions you need to ask Webinars 2012-09-17 18:21:39
Cloud File Sharing Software ownCloud Launches Beta of Updated Community Version Web Hosting News 2012-09-04 17:09:04