Thread: SirCam Emails

SirCam Emails

Over the last few days one of my email accounts is getting hammered with sircam virus emails. Is anyone else seeing this?

They are coming in with subjects, but nothing in the from field. They were sent from home.com

Our virus software is stripping out the attachment, but it is still filling up the email server.

Any suggestions/ideas?

thanks

welcome to the club

for a while i was getting 2-3 a day but i'm down to about 1 a week now... not much you can do sort of either blocking the domain in the mail server.

course just do like I do. i have outlook express filter set up so that every time i get one sent to me it emails an automatic reply telling the person they are infected and how to clean their system... so far i've gotten mostly possitive replies from it although one person accused me of sending the virus and how they were going to report me

These don't have a return email address. And I have recieved over 500 since Saturday.

At least you know someone loves you pgowder. No doubt these are comming from someone elses address book. See if you can trace the email from the header. Do you know anyone with a home.com account?
    Anyone got any liquid paper I made a mistake in my post!

We've tried to trace it, without any luck. The email address is a generic one that we use as the contact for our website.

thanks