Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTTPMe

Thumbs up HTTPMe

I recently ordered Plan 3 with HTTPme and I'm extremely impressed with their service. Their network is extremely fast, and the support is awesome! I could not have imagined picking a better host. If your looking for a host, and want real service, I'd reccomend HTTPme.
      0 Not allowed!

Just wondering, but how long have you been with them?

Glad to hear of your good experience, and I think that we can add that one to the growing list.
      0 Not allowed!

you will be very happy there, very knowledgable, fast support and great servers, i was there for 10 months with hardly any problems, the great thing about them is the communication, either good or bad, you know what is going on, if one of my forums hadnt outgrown a shared enviroment i would have never left and i have this feeling i'll go back again
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service
      0 Not allowed!

It's good to see positive reviews for a change here on WHT. Thanks for sharing.
    * GeekStorage.com - Offering awesome website hosting for over 13 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!
      0 Not allowed!

I always see positive reviews at WHT.

Or was that attempt to get your sig in this forum, like this post?
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mesopia(Jay)
    It's good to see positive reviews for a change here on WHT. Thanks for sharing.
    I see positive reviews for HTTPme all the time (among those of some other quality hosts). It is the kiddie hosts and the customers that are angry with their kiddie host because they didn't provide the world for a buck that you see frequently bad-mouthing the industry. This is MY opinion anyways.

At any rate, hats off to Bob and crew at HTTPme
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NexDog

Hi Nex,

For you, I would gladly remove my sig if you wanted me to

Happy Holidays
    Last edited by Jay H; 12-19-2003 at 07:29 PM.
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NexDog

Agreed. Almost every review I have seen on HTTPMe has been positive.

They are probably a company you can trust
      0 Not allowed!

I wasn't referring to HTTPMe's reviews. Like you, I've never seen a negative review on HTTPMe. I was referring to reviews in general, day after day, I see an influx of negative reviews, when I see a positive one, I like to comment on it and thank the users for sharing their review. It always seems like people want to review negatively when something bad happens, but never want to give a positive review when they've had something good happen.

:ff soap box::
      0 Not allowed!

It always seems like people want to review negatively when something bad happens, but never want to give a positive review when they've had something good happen.
    the thing that confuses everyone is the expectations of the great with the value of the poor
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mesopia(Jay)
    It always seems like people want to review negatively when something bad happens, but never want to give a positive review when they've had something good happen.

:ff soap box::
    thats because we really notice when something bad happens and we dont want anyone else to get burned
      0 Not allowed!

can somebody explain why it is worth to pay httpme this much for hosting packet, when there is at least 50 other, with also good reviews, that have cheaper prices, even double ???

45 $ for 30 gb BW ????? HM....

correct me if i'm wrong,
    maybe i don't see what anyone else see !

cheerz
    Last edited by [babylonian]; 12-22-2003 at 03:01 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi babylonian,

HTTPMe is far, far from being a rip off.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by [babylonian]
    isnt this host a rip off ???

correct me if i'm wrong,

cheerz
    Care to indulge on your comment?

Actually, that said, i would urge you to indulge on your comment, to give it some kind of credibility, or else you're just spouting, which can lead to that notice that so politely says "thank you for using webhostingtalk.com.. you are the weakest link. Goodbye".

Seriously bud, either back up your claim, or retract it
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.
      0 Not allowed!

hm, i didnt make any kind of statement, i just asked (tats why i put so many ?????)

its not the statemnet since i dont know why 30 gb BW at httpme is double the price of many others ??

i'm not trying to put them down, just want to know, thats it !
    i'm sorry if i offended anyone with this question
    cheerz
      0 Not allowed!

hm, i didnt make any kind of statement, i just asked (tats why i put so many ?????)

its not the statemnet since i dont know why 30 gb BW at httpme is double the price of many others ??

i'm not trying to put them down, just want to know, thats it !
    i'm sorry if i offended anyone with this question
    cheerz
    Ok, no problem..

But on the actual point you make, httpME aren't double price all the others. A web hosting plan is not merely just bandwidth, disk space allocation. You've got to take into account that service come's at a price.

I've never hosted with httpME, obviously, so I cannot comment on their service, but I do offer the advice of "look beyond mere allocations", when making any judgement on any hosting provider
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.
      0 Not allowed!

Well then, you've got a lot to learn, babylonian about how to ask a question.

isnt this host a rip off ??? is hardly the proper way to ask about the merits of a host. It's inflammatory at best, and you're setting yourself up to be flamed right out the door.

Learn a little discretion and protocol, why don't you...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

i changed my way of talk! appolagies

and vito, if i needed lecture i would ask for it, ok???

if u dont want to answer, better say nothing !
      0 Not allowed!

and vito, if i needed lecture i would ask for it, ok???
    Umm, me thinks you did ask for it...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Pricing is a matter of perception, for each person. Some folks look at our pricing and think we're very expensive, and yet other folks think we're cheap. I get sales emails all the time from folks asking if we can stay in business with such cheap hosting.

They're paying a heap of $$$$ to host their ~20 domains [etc] with their current hosts, whereas with us, they can bundle all those 20 domains in the 1 account, and save a heap of $$$. They're the ones who can't believe how cheap our plans are, because from their persepctive, our plans are very cheap.

We could discuss this all day, but any host out there who is competing on price, has a hard road ahead. Can't say how I feel when folks say our pricing is dear, compared to your usual WHT pricing.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

ok thanx for answer bob

i am sorry if i was offending in any way

good luck with your business
      0 Not allowed!

No offence taken. It was actually flatterey.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Man. Can't some of you boys take your issue outside for the rest of the people reading the thread on Bobs compliment?
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com
      0 Not allowed!

can somebody explain why it is worth to pay httpme this much for hosting packet, when there is at least 50 other, with also good reviews, that have cheaper prices, even double ???

correct me if i'm wrong,

cheerz
    These prices a very reasonable. Step back and think about it.

Quality servers, quality network - real support staff, real employees (not a kid running a business in the few spare hours he has after school). How much profit margin do you think a host would make from selling these stupidly priced plans we often see on WHT.

One of the reasons I don't even bother advertising on forums like WHT.

Seriously, people get so sucked in by big numbers - when their site probably doesn't even use more that a gig or traffic a month.

I think httpME are one of the better and more realistic priced hosts who are popular on this forum. Most of the WHT audience have been 'sucked in' by the cheap fly-by-night/kiddie hosts who oversell stupid ammounts of bandwidth and probably won't be in existance within a year.

You can quite easily pay $100/month over here for 50mb space and not even a gig of bandwidth from many of the major "hosting companies". WHT is really the bottom end of the hosting market (in general).

</rant over>
      0 Not allowed!

I'd rather pay a few extra dollars, for a service I can trust and enjoy. Some people spend a lower price, and then they end up with horrible service. There are horrible expensive hosts, as there are horrible cheap hosts. But, when it comes down to HTTPme, their service is so great, that their actually the ones getting ripped off. If they were to raise their price tommarrow, I'd remain with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast