Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your #1 Fear

* Your #1 Fear

What in this world are you most afraid of, how did you come to be afraid of it, and what level of depth is your fear?

I am most afraid of snakes, i have been ever since i was 2, with my family driving from texas, to michigan, when while we were driving, a very large rattle snake was hiding under the windsheild wipers, and crawled up onto the windsheild while we were driving, it was very very scary, and ever since then i have been very afraid of snakes, and i can't even look at them on the tv without looking away, and closing my eyes, or screaming, and passing out.

Bees
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Not being able to breath

Giant radioactive ants.

I have lived with cobras crawling all over in my farm. They never hurt anyone except a dog who had no business to be messing around with them in the first place. My dad was experimenting with some bio farming methods researched by a Japanese scientist and some crops were never harvested but instead allowed to remain and fall to the ground when dry. This attracted field mice in thousands and thousands who feasted on the crops. The cobras followed later on to feast on the mice. And that is how I had to live with cobras in the farm. One sunny afternoon one fella was sunbathing on the tin roof of a shed and I was just walking underneath. I was just wearing some open sandals and he just fell on my feet and before I could react he just crawled away. I use to return at night and had to walk a long distance from the gate to the farmhouse in pitchdark night crawling with cobras. All I did to scare them was to take a stick and beat the ground as I walked in the dark. Not once did they attack me....they used to just crawl away with the beating of the stick on the ground. They sense the ground vibrations and get alerted easily.

Spiders. Doesn't matter what size they are or if they're dead or not.

I hate the things. Throw me out of an airplane, balance off a cliff, play around with snakes; it doesn't bother me a bit. Get me around a spider and I'm a baby.

I don't think I really minded them until I was around 12 years old. I really can't think of anything that rationally triggered the fear. However, I do remember a dream I had around that time when I dreamt that I was going through this field and I ran into a web of one of those black spiders with the yellow under-belly.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

a very large rattle snake was hiding under the windsheild wipers,
    I dunno if cars are just different in the UK, or we are talking about a huge car, but i am pretty sure if there was a snake under my window wiper, i would see it

Warm Regards,
    Ben
    Ben Doherty
    Web Development Director
    Orbital Net Ltd - www.orbital.net – Leading UK Internet Solutions Provider
    Hosting | Colocation | Dedicated Servers | National ADSL | Leased Lines | Wireless Broadband

I hate snakes and spiders. Those are probably my greatest fears.

Pink bunnies with razor sharp fangs
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

These things scare the crap out of me.

I don't know why - we had them in our house when I was a kid living in ohio - not like a huge infestation or anything, but you'd see them every now and again in the basement.

I remember one time that one had crawled into my slipper - I get out of bed and step on it.. Nice n juicy.

Gross picture of one

But as I said, mostly I'd see them downstairs - they're *really fast* little runners, and they bite!

Evil little things.

Aside from that, I don't really have any phobias.

-David

rm * is what I'm most afraid of

Hehe nah not really actually. I'm scared of psychos (real ones) - the ones that cut people into pieces and can't care less. Reason: a 'friend' of mine appeared to be somewhat like that.

No 1 Fear/s

Dying without Dignity and Honour or finding nothing beyond, that would make me angry too.

Not so much a fear but i wouldn't forgive myself if i had the opportunity to help someone in an emergency and chose walked away instead of taking a risk and confronting it.

Biggest fear:

Support question - "What is an email address?"

I'd say I agree with the other guy -- not being able to breath would be my biggest fear.

Hmm one of my main fears is driving my car into a body of water and drowning in the car. I'm always extra careful around water in my car. Nothing phobic but it enters my mind anytime I drive near water.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Jack Colt ... "Who the hell are you?"
    Jigsaw ... "I am your WORST nightmare!"
    Jack Colt ... "No, waking up without my penis is my worst nightmare."
    Jigsaw ... "Okay, all right, so I'm not your worst nightmare, but I'm RIGHT up there!"

"Loaded Weapon I"

Homer: What are you going to do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
    Become an ISP; a great value-added service for any web host.
    http://www.vispprovider.com

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Hmm one of my main fears is driving my car into a body of water and drowning in the car. I'm always extra careful around water in my car. Nothing phobic but it enters my mind anytime I drive near water.
    I would think fire would be worse.

You slowly can't breathe because of the smoke, and you are burning..

What a horrible way to go..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I cant think of anything that really puts fear into me. Nothing irrational, anyway.

Getting caught in an avalanche without my transceiver and never being found is probably my main rational fear.

Cockroaches.

As a father my greatest fear is anything happening to my children, that scares me to the core.
    As a person my greatest fear is heights, i get scared on tiptoes.
    www.247globalhosts.com
    Hosting the way it should be.
    With Integrity, Honesty and Reliability.

I'd have to say Snakes... but to be honest it hasn't been such a bad fear since my room mate at Uni brought one home as a pet - after I touched it daily for a few weeks and even feed it, I overcame the fear quite quickly... well partially anyway - they still creep me out sometimes.

Needles.

One time I went to the lab to give a blood sample. I paced out in the hallway literally for 2 hours before going in. At the desk, the nurse asked my name. I panicked and left.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by Coach
    Spiders. Doesn't matter what size they are or if they're dead or not.

That, and not being able to breathe (drowning).

Originally posted by vito
    Needles.

One time I went to the lab to give a blood sample. I paced out in the hallway literally for 2 hours before going in. At the desk, the nurse asked my name. I panicked and left.

Vito
    My veins are notoriously hard to get a needle into, the regular nurse at my family doctor just hates to get my blood, she usually has to get it from the veins on top of my hands.

Well I had to go in last week for a GTT (glucose tolerance test or something like that) basically a test for diabetes. Here's the break down: fast 12 hours, they take blood, you drink a really sickeningly sweet drink, they take blood again after 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours.

The first draw went ok, stuck me in the arm, no luck, other arm, jackpot.

The 30 minute draw went smooth, she got it out of my righ thand, first try.

The 1 hour draw, things started to go downhill. Tried in my left arm, no luck, right hand, bingo.

Then comes the 2 hour draw. First from my left hand, no luck, right arm, no luck, so she tried the same hole that worked 30 minutes before on my right hand, no luck, now one nurse isn't allowed to try more than 3 times, so in comes another nurse. Right arm, no luck, left arm, no luck, left hand, no luck, finally I can't take it anymore and I'm like "look I can't take this anymore the 3 draws you have up to 1 hour into the test simply HAS to be enough". So that was the end of that.

I felt like a pin cushion. Both my hands and both my arms are bruised up, I look like a heroine addict with bad aim.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast