hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : Anyone use this billing software

Forum Jump

Anyone use this billing software

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

Anyone use this billing software

Hello All,

I have heard and seen what I thought was all the available software for billing, however I just stumbled across this:

http://dreamcost.com/?page=hostadmin

Has anyone used this? What experience have you had with it. It seems to me from a quick look of their online demo to do more than most of the other software I have looked at.

My main concern with billing is tracking all aspects of the billing, not so much automated service.

Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Regards,
Phil

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

I don't know about now, but a year or so ago they were VERY lax on securinty and when I called them on it they said they had no plans to change. Something to do with encryption, I can't remember the exact thing I pointed out to them being so long abo. I wouldn't trust them to say the least.

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by JeremyL
I don't know about now, but a year or so ago they were VERY lax on securinty and when I called them on it they said they had no plans to change. Something to do with encryption, I can't remember the exact thing I pointed out to them being so long abo. I wouldn't trust them to say the least.
You don't have any idea what it was? Anybody else? I think their software is just what I need. It does everything I am looking for and it has open source code.

Thanks,
Phil

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I would suggest you do a search

I would suggest doing a search on this board. Their support reputation is not good.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

yea - by the looks of it id stay away, and go with more mainstream like ModernBill or WHM Autopilot (for WHM)

Old
WHT Addict

Or Whois.Cart,

Support should be a factor when deciding what software to use.

Old
Junior Guru

I do agree that support should be a priority for deciding on a product to use.

However I have looked at almost every billing program around and not one of them does everything that I need. The closest one is ModernBill, but I don't like software that I can't get at. The source is available on HostAdmin which means if they ever go out of business I still have my software that I can actually fix if I need to. If ModernBill left tommorow then what? For something as important as billing I would think it is important to have alot of options.

Regards,
Phil

Old
Disabled

I have used hostadmin and I think it is better than modernbill. It has many features and I havent had any problems yet!

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by rackserv
I have used hostadmin and I think it is better than modernbill. It has many features and I havent had any problems yet!
Thanks for this info, I have sent an email to their support with questions. Depending on how long they take to answer is going to be part of my decision.

Phil

Old
Web Hosting Master

I would do a lot of research into this. Once you pick one, it will be hard to migrate to another system if you expand quickly. So pick something that can grow with your business without putting a load on your servers...

:: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Old
Head Geek

It has a nice little bug where users can login to one another's billing management based on poorly coded sessions. Just to let you know.

Unfortunately you can't see for yourself as their forums are blocked by anyone without a license.