hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Design Job Offers & Requests : Design Offers : Last chance - logo contest!

Forum Jump

Last chance - logo contest!

Reply Post New Thread In Design Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Last chance - logo contest!

I ran this contest last week but none of the entries were approved for use. The favorite entry was this: http://www.projectmac.com/ushold.jpg

The main complaint about this logo was that the star looked a little separate from the rest of the logo, it kind of looked like clip art just pasted in there. The goal is to find something like this that's a bit more cohesive with the US HOLD portion. We're running the contest again as we'd love to support the WHT community and we're certain that the talent here is sufficient for our needs!

SPECS:

- The website is "US Hold" (ushold.com)

- The color scheme will be red,white and blue (We like this blue -> #0033FF)

- It's a telephone music-on-hold company. Incorporating music and/or a phone might be nice

We're not looking for anything "cheesy" - this is going to be a professional corporate presence.

Finally, we'll need a black and white version also for print and fax usage.

DURATION OF CONTEST:

At least until the weekend, I'll keep the thread updated.

PAYMENT:

We can pay via Paypal if you prefer, immediately. Other payment options are available too.

PRICE:

$30

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Heres my atempt
http://www.adept-art.com/boards/uplo...1070490859.gif

Obviusly the quality will be better if its picked i will send the better v.

Old
WHT Addict

This is my entry from the last contest (the first one entered):

http://members.cox.net/25templates/ushold10.jpg

You stated that you liked it... please tell me what you don't like about it.

Is this design too basic? becasue half of the entries looked very similar to mine.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

US Hold logo

To view my logo submission click on the following link :

US Hold Logo

Thank you.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Very nice fastxeon, I was going to submit but I have a feeling yours has this one. Great Work.

Old

Jeanco - please submit!

Old
Disabled

Talking

Thanks buddy ... just submit yours..
I feel guilty of discouraging you ... I am sure your work will turn out good...and will be far better than mine..

Old

Okay, people are asking for more feedback, so here goes!

Let's start with this logo, which is far and away the favorite: http://www.projectmac.com/ushold.jpg

The only major issue we have is that the star logo doesn't feel integrated enough with the US HOLD wording. Maybe if the star "trails" spelled out the US? I don't know (as I said before, I'm not a graphics artist!) Something to make it seem less like off-the-shelf clip art and more like a custom logo. But this logo is really close to what we're looking for. We LOVE the phone and music, and a little more work and it'd be perfect.

I encourage either the artist who designed that work, or anyone else, to contribute. Thanks for all the input !

Old
WHT Addict

Here is a different logo emphasizing the "music" since that is the product you will be selling

US HOLD LOGO

Thanks.

Old
Web Hosting Master

pete,

*excellent* logo.

paul

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Old

A bit too similar to XM Radio for my taste. My boss thought it was the XM logo

Last edited by logoneeded; 12-05-2003 at 01:35 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WHIR Will Give $100 Amazon Certificate to a Lucky Reader! Blog 2014-11-07 00:49:01
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 14, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:28
GoDaddy Marketing Campaign to Pay Customer to Quit Full-Time Job, Pursue Side Business Web Hosting News 2014-02-12 16:03:11
Hivelocity Hosting Taps Vine Video App in New Contest Blog 2013-04-08 12:10:57
Web Host HostDime Launches Twitter Contest for Service Credits Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:46:55