guest Guest

Arrow

Hopefully BC or someone who hosts with webexpose.net can help us.

We are looking for opinions of webexpose.net. We are going dedicated so we are interested in knowing how FAST and RELIABLE the connection is. Also do they have 24/7 tech support? It says they do, but is it responsive? How fast do answers come?

Thanks

Originally posted by guest
    Hopefully BC or someone who hosts with webexpose.net can help us.

We are looking for opinions of webexpose.net. We are going dedicated so we are interested in knowing how FAST and RELIABLE the connection is. Also do they have 24/7 tech support? It says they do, but is it responsive? How fast do answers come?

Thanks
    Hi guest,

In terms of connections, they have multiple T3 connections to the Net (at least 20 connections - check their Network Service Status to see each connection and also for an update on the network's connection latency et. al. - this can be found at http://www.webexpose.net/network/status.asp ), as well as an OC-48 ring to complement the connections. The speed is fine from where I am (half way around the world) and one of my American friends from Ohio says it's pretty fast from where she is on a dial-up.

They do indeed have 24/7 support, and it is very, very responsive. Generally if you submit a question during normal times, you'll get a response in under 4-6 hours, usually within minutes. Overnight at 3-4 a.m. they always have at least one support technician to help with emergency problems, such as server downtime. Normal tech questions are answered quickly in the above timeframe usually between 8 a.m. and midnight.

As you can probably guess, I highly recommend them. However, I do suggest keeping an eye on the forum for some other hosts as well like RackSpace, DigitalNation, et. al. who are dedicated hosts for dedicated servers. These dedicated hosts can afford to put up very good specials

Hope this helps.

[Edited by BC on 09-19-2000 at 03:37 AM]

Win2000

This place looks great, except they all come with Win2000! Yuck! Too bad for them!

web expose

Havent heard alot about them, I know catalog.com and raqspace are good. Take a look at what we have to offer, and give me a call if you ahve any questions.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Lightbulb

Actually, if you look closely they do also offer Linux dedicated hosting, and are soon to offer Linux virtual hosting... Once all their testing's finished

And don't diss Win2K as a web server - I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by what it's done and what you can do with it. Sure, *nix will always be no. 1 as a web server in my mind, but Win2K is closing in very quickly.

It's OKAY!!!!

You seem to know an awfly lot about their inner-workings, we don't mind here if you say that you work their. Actually that might spark more business because people can ask you questions!

Talking ROFLMAO!

Stat, thanks for that, but no, I don't work there. I just happen to host there at the moment and I am very, very happy with them. I've had numerous late night conversations with the owner (Philip) and some of the support team, and they have proved to be not only knowledgeable, but very friendly and will be very flexible when you want.

(here's another clue that I don't work for them - they're based in Florida, I'm down in the Olympic country )

hehe, maybe you tele-commute... It's just over a bit of water after all! what's 10 000 miles these days

3 days on planes, 4 days work in Florida, no weekends, every week. *lol* Just think of the duty-free, and booze on the plane.

*last check - 2nd behind the amercians, one gold behind*

Greg Moore
    http://www.akashik.net
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Talking

Hehe, certainly wish I could do that, but imagine all the bloody jet-lag I'd have to cope with!

Why get involved then?

It seems odd that the owner of a business would get involved with a BBS discussion, unless he was "sticking up" for one of his people. I am not saying you are lying, it just seems like bad business practive to turn off potential customers by getting involved in their petty disputes.

Just my 2 cents.

petty disputes?

Maybe I'm reading BC's post wrong, but it seems to me like he's very happy being hosted by them. If the owner of the business wants to take an active role in the satisfaction of his customers, then I for one don't see it as a bad thing. The fact BC can talk to not only tech support but someone all the way up the tree to the guy who pays the bills seems like a great advantage to have. I know a lot of people who would kill for such service.

Greg Moore

Stat, uhmm....... I don't get your post at all.... See akashik's explanation.

Kill?

I don't know anyone who would kill for any tyoe of tech. service! Maybe it is just the type of people I associate with. As far as not understanding, I am not surprised!

*sniff sniff*

I smell a troll.

Greg Moore

What in the world is this about? I don't see any "petty disputes" here. BC absolutely does not work for webexpose, he just likes them a lot. What the heck is wrong with that? It's a nice change of pace to get good news about someone instead of dealing with people running up a bunch of pages on, say, GX Hosting, like at tips-tricks. And if you read some of the posts over there, you'd know why people would kill for decent support. Beats being ignored.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Exclamation

Greg,

I shall be hoisting my Uzi hellburner the second a 'Troll alert' is raised on these boards.

Annette will have an excellent idea of what I'm babbling about

Quite frankly, I have no idea where this discussion is heading, so I might as well drop it, but not before saying to stat_man :

For every single case of a person complimenting a host's technical support, there are at least 6 or 7 others out there who complain of poor technical support and are left on their own. The evidence is around the Net for all to see. People want and demand good, solid, knowledgeable tech support. Otherwise why would tech support even be invented in the first place?

Originally posted by BC

Otherwise why would tech support even be invented in the first place?
    BC,

Didn't they do it to keep people like yourself from rummaging through my garbage bin late at night,harrassing small animals, and making off with people's children? *lol*

Greg Moore

Uhhhh..... You're telling me, Greg!

Originally posted by BC
    And don't diss Win2K as a web server - I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by what it's done and what you can do with it. Sure, *nix will always be no. 1 as a web server in my mind, but Win2K is closing in very quickly. [/B]
    I checked out their site and you are correct they offer both options (*nix and win2000).

Their dedicated prices are excellent for the hardware and bandwidth. Not many companies even come close.

but lo and behold while I was surfing through their site at 11:20pm it locked up and so far has been down for about 5min and not up as of the writing of this message

not a very good impression of their network ;(

Although I do understand there will always be glitches ...

David
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com
    http://www.systware.com

Well, it's back up for me now... So there must have been a glitch somewhere alright. At least it was quick back up

Originally posted by akashik
    *sniff sniff*

I smell a troll.
    Help me out here. What's a troll?

Talking You might like to check out...

Wink

Thanks, BC. Never too old to learn. . .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by diyoha
    but lo and behold while I was surfing through their site at 11:20pm it locked up and so far has been down for about 5min and not up as of the writing of this message

not a very good impression of their network ;(

Although I do understand there will always be glitches ...

David
    Well I wouldn't take it quite on face value for a while. There's been quite a bit of 'hiccupping' going around around the net for the past week or so, so another look might improve your outlook. And besides, aren't glitches all part of the fun? *lol*

Greg Moore

Originally posted by BC
    Well, it's back up for me now... So there must have been a glitch somewhere alright. At least it was quick back up
    cool. I didn't think tooo much on it. Just a coincidence that it went down while I was considering using their services!

later

David
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com
    http://www.systware.com