hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : H-Sphere - I though Yes, Yes, Yes and the NO... NO... NO... :(

Forum Jump

H-Sphere - I though Yes, Yes, Yes and the NO... NO... NO... :(

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2000, 12:12 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Since the Alabanza thing I have restarted my hunt for the perfect CP/DSM that could content with Alabanza'a. I saw a post that mentioned H-Sphere (http://www.psoft.net) so I went to check it out.

I read over their features and thought hey, they have it all. Auto billing, auto account setup, almost all the features of the Ala DSM/CP other than stuff like resseller integration. All of this and their listed price was $0.50 per user or unlimited server usage for $500 I think. Thats a deal if you ask me.

SO I proceeded to take a look at the demo. I got some server errors but it was from people messing with the demo. As far as the look and feel goes I gave it an A+. It is really easy to navigate and looks great on both the users end and admin end. Ala's looked good on the users end but the DSM was terrible.

I thought I had found my CP until I noticed. The script was creating a sub domain like myname.hd.psoft.net and then if you wanted a domain name you just pointed it there. But the FTP was still to the sub domain. So I am not sure, correct me if I am wrong, but the way I though Ala's CP worked was to actually tell the server to set up so and so directory on the server and give it certain rights and an IP. With H-Sphere it is basically using a script to set up a virtual sub domain (not physical) and allow you to upload to that and point a domain at it.

With it's easy navigation and auto billing it was so close but no cigar. With the way it works if the main script broke down I think all the accounts would stop working. I may be wrong. It seems like it is more suited to offer free hosting to people even though the billing thing is there.

Oh well I was so disapointed I had to tell someone so my rant is over

Off to find another solution.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2000, 01:22 PM
Web Hosting Master

psoft.net

All be honest I havent used it yet but they offer a free 30 day demo. So ill load it on a server and let you all know.

I doubt that thats the way it works it looks like they probally have the accounts setup wrong.

Old 09-23-2000, 01:27 PM
ex-Aussie

http://www.webhostlink.com/showthread.php?threadid=1911

The above thread talks about Felix's work on building his own control panel. I don't know how far along it is but maybe he can give you some advice.

Greg Moore
http://www.akashik.net

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2000, 02:33 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Re: psoft.net

Quote:
Originally posted by cbaker17
All be honest I havent used it yet but they offer a free 30 day demo. So ill load it on a server and let you all know.

I doubt that thats the way it works it looks like they probally have the accounts setup wrong.
Yes thank you. I will be really interested in hearing your thoughts after using it. If it can be set up to run the way I want (sort of described above) I will be all over it

I look forward to hearing the results.

Old 09-29-2000, 01:17 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Re: psoft.net

Quote:
Originally posted by cbaker17

Did you ever get it loaded and check it out?

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ICANN Creates Panel to Address Internet Governance Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 14:35:14
Can the law ever catch up with the Internet? Blog 2013-04-11 11:26:39