do you buy insurance for colocated servers?

hello,

do you buy insurance for colocated servers? what insurance company offer this kind of services?

thanks!

You could; it's probably covered under standard business asset/property insurance.

You might also wish to consider 'business interruption insurance' in case your business loses revenue due to destroyed equipment.
    Customer Service
    FindYourHosting.com
    customer_service@findyourhosting.com
    http://www.findyourhosting.com

Yes, we've purchased insurance both on the hardware and for interruption of service. I can sleep better at night knowing that our hardware is insured.
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

does this cover theft?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

The coverage is in effect for Fire, Theft, Employee Dishonesty and pays for us to replace all lost objects including loss of income for the down time

The value and max payout of each item (including off-premises property) depends on many factors including how much you pay the insurance company.
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

Anyone have a recommendation for a specific insurance company that has worked well for them on this? That would be useful to know for a lot of folks.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Greetings:

We insure our co-located equipment through our local insurance company.

Check with your local chamber of commerce for whom they recommend.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

im not entirely sure how you are able to get machines collocated without having general business liability insurance. every single colo contract i have seen, including ours, requires that the client have liability insurance.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

9. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com