Hybrid View

I am trying to get my own server through Alabanza, I like their automated deal, Is it feasible to get customers see my ad somewhere on the internet and actually sign up online without ever contacting me. I would appreciated it if somebody running a similar deal with Alabanza would give me some insight.

I don't know that there are to many lovers of Alabanza right now. You may want to read this before getting that server:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...?threadid=2081
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

alabanza

Alabanza just raised their prices to 800.00 base from what i heard, that is outrageous. You may want to think about getting your own dedicated server and throwing H-Sphere on there which will do all Alabaza will but for much less. THis software is available for review from Psoft.net I will be honest I know little about it but Ive hear dno bad reviews and it look excellent
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

The price will not affect me anytime soon.. because I have another year with them on the old contract. Could you give me the URL for H-Sphere please?
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

psoft.net

The Url is psoft.net
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Originally posted by mhuka
    I am trying to get my own server through Alabanza, I like their automated deal, Is it feasible to get customers see my ad somewhere on the internet and actually sign up online without ever contacting me. I would appreciated it if somebody running a similar deal with Alabanza would give me some insight.

Most people will contact you before signing up, to ask a question or two...why don't you want them contacting you? It is automated but that doesn't mean you just lay back and watch the bank account grow

Greg, here is another tipical case of greed ... lets get the money in but hope they never contact us ... I f I'm wrong I'm sorry, but this is the idea that mhuka left here
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

No Grego, I am trying to find if its worth it to pay Alabanza or that other company Cybercash to have it all automated, I don't wanna waste my money on something that sounds good but won't do good, If you know what I mean.

Was thinking much the same myself, but in his defence *kinda* full automation of a sign-up is a goal everyone really wants. I think the part he didn't mention (and certainly hope he WAS thinking), is that the contact between him and the prospective client is still there regardless. If you provide all the information someone can view to make a decerning and educated appraisal of your company, and offer a chance to contact you (even just to check response time), then full automation of the signup is a good thing.

I've signed up with hosts with no contact before. Some of them have been very good. Alternatively some I HAVE contacted have had great response time before they get my money, then sit back and rarely reply to questions. Pretty much you're damned if you do - damned if you don't when it comes to getting a host until you can check them out from the inside (ie. become hosted by them).

**mhuka, even with full automation it's still going to be hard work, and a lot of time spent on it all, even when things are running 'peachy keen'. There's always things to do to improve the 'biz' and fine tuning to be done etc.

btw: wrong thread for this bit but you might want to reduce the width of those tables on your site. On a 800x600 laptop I'm scrolling to read anything on your site. Also you may want to invest in some software (or a designer) for the front end. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence when someone's looking at a site that wasn't impressive in 1995.

Greg Moore
    http://www.akashik.net
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

brendan Guest

ouch

95'? Ouch.

-Brendan

Originally posted by mhuka
    No Grego, I am trying to find if its worth it to pay Alabanza or that other company Cybercash to have it all automated, I don't wanna waste my money on something that sounds good but won't do good, If you know what I mean.
    You can still have it automated if you don't use Cybercash, you just have to be on top of things and configue your servers correctly.

If you use Cybercash with Alabanza servers, it makes it much easier to have it automated. Customer will sign up (hopefully) and enter in the credit card info. Once Cybercash clears the charge, the account is set up. It will do recurring billing for you as well. If it comes up declined, you need to contact the customer for an alternate form of payment so that you can have them unsuspended.
    Top Hat Domains
    Internet Services for Less. Period.
    Peoria, Arizona
    http://www.tophatdomains.com