Looking for work!

Hey, first off I am 13 I am Home bound Schooled so I am online almost all day, but latly night around 3am-2pm I can work support or I can advertise for your site in chats and on message boards, I need payment I am trying to raise money to buy a server. So if anyone needs extra support on there site I can work it. I have great computer skills and I am studying how to build computers and starting to lear C++ programing.
    Last edited by MonkeyFiles; 11-22-2003 at 12:19 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey Nuclear,
    It'd actually be illegal for any UK or US company to employ you (or so I'm frequently told by my legal dept).
    However I'd advise you to study a web-based language alongside C++, such as ASP or PHP, as these are very useful to have if you want to enter the web-industry.

Best Regards,

Joe McElwee
      0 Not allowed!

Isnt it legal if its on a contract basis?
      0 Not allowed!

Well if it is like me going to a shop am working it is illegal but if I just work from home and online it is legal
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think they judge by whether it's online or offline, they judge by your age in general, not much else. The age of 13 you might be able to get a really small job, because at the age of 16 you cannot work more then 20 hours so it's either illegal or small small jobs at 13, I think legal age was 14 though.
      0 Not allowed!

It will depend on what state the youth is in. You have a maximum hours a week, as well as some many hours of downtime and schooltime hours.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know much about legal working ages Nuclear, but I do know that it is a big advantage to learn a web based language alongside C++. In fact, C++ and PHP have very very very similar structures etc.. Just my .02
      0 Not allowed!

Nuclear Arca,

Please don't take me offensively because I'm only a few years older than yourself, but I have some contructive crtizism:
    (a) You don't "Need Work Badly" - messeges like that piss me off, esp if they are done by 13 year olds
    (b) I wouldn't trust my money in a 13-year-old for a service. Truthfully, you needs some time and experience. AND remember that a DSL/Cable connection is way too slow, while a T1 would costa bunch. In your case I trully believe buying a server is money wasteful.
    (c) I would rather recomment having some special skills like coding, php, design, or anythign else. Then do soemthing for a client and get paid for it. Without contract - using Paypal.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DLevit
    Nuclear Arca,

Please don't take me offensively because I'm only a few years older than yourself, but I have some contructive crtizism:
    (a) You don't "Need Work Badly" - messeges like that piss me off, esp if they are done by 13 year olds
    (b) I wouldn't trust my money in a 13-year-old for a service. Truthfully, you needs some time and experience. AND remember that a DSL/Cable connection is way too slow, while a T1 would costa bunch. In your case I trully believe buying a server is money wasteful.
    (c) I would rather recomment having some special skills like coding, php, design, or anythign else. Then do soemthing for a client and get paid for it. Without contract - using Paypal.
    I do need work badly, you would be suprized how much 13 year olds sell and I would be paying for a dedicated server moron I am smart enough to know not to buy the server. If you wouldn't trust me with your money I don't know why because I would be doing the work.
      0 Not allowed!

and it is not ilegal if there is no contract.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Foladar
    I don't think they judge by whether it's online or offline, they judge by your age in general, not much else. The age of 13 you might be able to get a really small job, because at the age of 16 you cannot work more then 20 hours so it's either illegal or small small jobs at 13, I think legal age was 14 though.
    I am HOME BOUND SCHOOLED meaning I have school 1 hour a day monday-friday
      0 Not allowed!

Happy I changed it to Looking for work!
      0 Not allowed!

Well Nuclear, I certainly wouldn't want to hire you even if you were over the legal age for work, simply because over your last few posts you've demonstrated nothing but a lack of patience, and an unwillingness to listen to more experienced people.
    Its also illegal for you to perform any work for an EU-based company, and in the majority of states its illegal for you to work more than 6 hours a week.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Wow! One hour school a day! I want to go back to my youth and have an internet connection *Wonders how much I would learn*
    Have you Floble'd today?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Nuclear Arca
    ...moron...
    From WHT rules.

We take the "be polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion). And if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning.

Consider yourself warned.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!