Thread: reller hosting

reller hosting

I really want to know can you really make money with reseller webhosting or is it better to rent my own servers. I want to get into the webhosting business. an work my way up.

Are you in it just to make money? If so, then the business is not for you. You need dedication and money to invest.

Do you know how to administrate and run a server? If so, then go the server route. If not, the the reseller route.

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    Are you in it just to make money? If so, then the business is not for you.
    The definition of business is to make money I thought.

Not this business. Money alone will not get you through it. It takes a lot to even start the inflow of money.

yes I know how to administrate servers.
    So are you guys making money or what. I want my own business so i can make money.

It is always better to start out small and then grow. Less overhead in the beginning is better if you want to make money in the long run. I would suggest going with a Reseller account first and then move your way up the ladder.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Many of our resellers are extremely succesful. Even in this saturated market, a careful, well thoughtout and well-run business backed by a solid business plan should be able to succeed.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Originally posted by blackout

HttP://Hb9.NET*Hosting Box 9.network*Topnotch Dedicated Servers (Hosting Accelerator ,Cpanel, PLESK)Shared hosting, Reseller Packages with Hosting Accelerator ,Cpanel, PLESK. Wataa Packages WOW
    Oh Everything ?? yes yes check it out, Just type www.hb9.net
    Real 24 Hrs Live support. Yahoo: godedicated

Just wanted to make it clear, you can't just buy a reseller account, find some customers and sit back and do nothing like so many these days want to do. As long as you work at what you're doing and provide good service, you won't have to worry to much about the inflow of money after a while.

Well just don't start with cheap packages. Use good packages for a fair price and you'll be OK
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

Originally posted by blackout
    My thoughts on this are along the same lines as CrazyTech's.

The hosting business is not about making a quick buck.

In my opinion, it's all about seeing past the up coming months, and looking to the future, whilst providing a true, reputable service that will, in time, become a profitable product for your company, and will hold you in good standing in the business, and/or hosting community, giving you a deserved image of professionalism.

Web Hosting should lead you to higher things, be they advanced hosting, like managed dedicated boxes, your own datacenter, your own fleet of centers, etc.

Web Hosting, in the future, will obviously change, and the companies that are currently readying themselves for the obvious turn in events in the future, are the one's that will "survive".

It should be your business goal, to build your company up to be one of those companies. Web Hosting can sometimes be about your ability to assign tasks, and you must be humble in this; If you don't know how to do something, hire someone to teach you, or hire someone to do it for you, don't try and "bat in the dark".

If you're in it to make a quick buck, then head for the hills, i'd suggest going to Playboy.com or sites of that nature, and going into the adult site affiliate world, you'll probably make a few bucks

A business plan is always good for starters; whether it be a professional one, or something you jotted down on a piece of tiolet paper, you should set yourself goals, and try your damndest to meet them.

Yes, we all accept, business is, in essence, about making money, but in my opinion, it's about earning money also. By that, i mean there's no "quick fix", nobody makes it by hitting submit on a CPC engine, then heading off to sit in a comfy arm chair somewhere, and watch the sales roll in... it isn't going to happen that way.

If you're serious about it, then be ready to work your *** off, and that will pay off, so long as it approached in the correct manner. x amount of months solid, dedicated work, can lead you to being able to bring in your own staff, and then, of course, you'd start seeing your business plan come into fruition, be it slow, or fast, a step forward is a step in the right direction.