hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : XO collocation

Forum Jump

XO collocation

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Web Hosting Master

XO collocation

Anyone have experience with XO? I'm interested in their network reliability, peering, and any other things you might know about them. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hello.

There was a thread about them a day or two ago...
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=205780

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Thomas Currie

Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Old 11-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Web Hosting Master

XO bandwidth is great. I know that Mfjp and Nationhosts have operations going on in XO.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2003, 12:27 PM

Email Jason

I have close to a GIG with XO and like I said in my post before I am more than happy with them. Contact my Rep Jason rehder

Old 11-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Web Hosting Master

Fairly unrelated, however still a interesting read, look at their financial details:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=xocm.ob

Anyone with any analyitic skills at all can tell there's something not very pretty there

Old 11-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by nickn
Fairly unrelated, however still a interesting read, look at their financial details:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=xocm.ob

Anyone with any analyitic skills at all can tell there's something not very pretty there
And your beloved Internap is doing better?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=inap

I can tell you there is nothing pretty on that internap sheet...

Old 11-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Web Hosting Master

Old 11-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Mfjp
May as well look into this then:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=lvlt
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GBLXQ.PK
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=CWP&annual

Who should I buy from then?
If you go strictly by the financials....no one

Old 11-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilhole
And your beloved Internap is doing better?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=inap

I can tell you there is nothing pretty on that internap sheet...
From what I have heard, Internap will be talking a dirt nap soon. Of course it is just rumor, but from the changes they have made ......... ?

Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

Old 11-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

Internap stock is doing much better now, at $1.83 per share? Hell, that's so much better than 15 months ago, at just over several cents a share!

So yes, Internap is doing much better now ...

Should've bought 1 million share back then ...

Equinix Secaucus NY2 and NY4 (NYC Metro)

Old 11-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by FHDave
Internap stock is doing much better now, at $1.83 per share? Hell, that's so much better than 15 months ago, at just over several cents a share!

Perhaps this is for a different thread, but...
The fact of the matter is that InterNap offers very little value to their customers compared to any other multi-homed ISP. The only thing of value they had to offer was their "intelligent routing" technology. The bad news is that now any ISP can copy this value simply by purchasing an "intelligent routing" device and intergrating it into their network.
At the end of the day the only thing "intelligent routing" does is add a few more metrics BGP can use to make routing decisions.

...and at the end of the week (figuratively speaking) the BGP4 protocol will be updated to BGP5 or something and all ISP's will be "intelligent routing" providers.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Web Hosting Master

Internap still have some advantages. Their Uptime is pretty phenomenal. Also, the intelligent routing they're doing is probably better than what an average multi-home ISP can do for now.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurff
Perhaps this is for a different thread, but...
The fact of the matter is that InterNap offers very little value to their customers compared to any other multi-homed ISP. The only thing of value they had to offer was their "intelligent routing" technology. The bad news is that now any ISP can copy this value simply by purchasing an "intelligent routing" device and intergrating it into their network.
At the end of the day the only thing "intelligent routing" does is add a few more metrics BGP can use to make routing decisions.

...and at the end of the week (figuratively speaking) the BGP4 protocol will be updated to BGP5 or something and all ISP's will be "intelligent routing" providers.
Not everyone can afford 9 Premium Providers though...

and that's coming from a guy who used to bash InterNAP. Now I love them. Sorry FHDave, I should've come to my senses earlier

T@OnApp.com
OnApp - Automate Everything, Everywhere.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by FHDave

dave,

investing in penny stocks is a Bad Idea (tm), unless you know exactly what you are doing. it is an art and a science in and of itself - you are basically betting that the stock will not get delisted, the company will not go tits up and will actually rebound to a significant extent.

who should you buy from? look at cash reserves, evaluate the business model, make a call. i would feel reasonably comfortable buying from a provider that, while in the red, has decent cash reserves and is selling at a realistically sustainable price. i would *not* feel comfortable buying from a provider that was in the red, losing revenue fast and fishing in their pocket for chump change.

paul

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Old 11-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

Paul,

I understand that It's like the saying that I have read/heard over and over again .... "You can't make money from a company that can't make money for itself". In fact, Internap was, I believe, delisted from NasDaq at one point. I did not buy their shares because of these reasons. But if I did buy them at their lowest price, I would have 1500%+ profit in a year! In fact, at just several cents a share, what can you lose? It's better than playing a lottery

Inogenius, glad to hear that you like Internap now It's expensive, and thus it's only suitable for different market. Internap has been one of our strongest selling point. Eventhough we are not the cheapest host in the block, our customers are willing to pay more for a stable and quality network.

Back to XO ... I am also have a quote from their rep for their colo space in Secaucus, NJ. It's pretty cheap, in fact I am surprised to get such a low quote, quite cheaper than what I pay for Internap, of course ... Moreover, they allow you to be connected to other provider into their datacenter, assuming you get your own local loop. Interesting ... So, yes, I am too interested to hear about XO. No, Fluid Hosting is not leaving Internap, it's just for my other "pet project"

Equinix Secaucus NY2 and NY4 (NYC Metro)

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Third Party Data Center Provider Budgets See Growth: Uptime Institute Survey Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 12:31:45
BYTEGRID Selected for Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative Web Hosting News 2013-07-09 12:53:12
Colocation America Expands Internationally with New Branding and Website Web Hosting News 2012-07-05 13:37:26