hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : dedicated @ webexpose.net

Forum Jump

dedicated @ webexpose.net

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2000, 02:33 AM

Arrow

Hopefully BC or someone who hosts with webexpose.net can help us.

We are looking for opinions of webexpose.net. We are going dedicated so we are interested in knowing how FAST and RELIABLE the connection is. Also do they have 24/7 tech support? It says they do, but is it responsive? How fast do answers come?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2000, 03:35 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Hopefully BC or someone who hosts with webexpose.net can help us.

We are looking for opinions of webexpose.net. We are going dedicated so we are interested in knowing how FAST and RELIABLE the connection is. Also do they have 24/7 tech support? It says they do, but is it responsive? How fast do answers come?

Thanks
Hi guest,

In terms of connections, they have multiple T3 connections to the Net (at least 20 connections - check their Network Service Status to see each connection and also for an update on the network's connection latency et. al. - this can be found at http://www.webexpose.net/network/status.asp ), as well as an OC-48 ring to complement the connections. The speed is fine from where I am (half way around the world) and one of my American friends from Ohio says it's pretty fast from where she is on a dial-up.

They do indeed have 24/7 support, and it is very, very responsive. Generally if you submit a question during normal times, you'll get a response in under 4-6 hours, usually within minutes. Overnight at 3-4 a.m. they always have at least one support technician to help with emergency problems, such as server downtime. Normal tech questions are answered quickly in the above timeframe usually between 8 a.m. and midnight.

As you can probably guess, I highly recommend them. However, I do suggest keeping an eye on the forum for some other hosts as well like RackSpace, DigitalNation, et. al. who are dedicated hosts for dedicated servers. These dedicated hosts can afford to put up very good specials

Hope this helps.

[Edited by BC on 09-19-2000 at 03:37 AM]

Old 09-19-2000, 12:19 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Win2000

This place looks great, except they all come with Win2000! Yuck! Too bad for them!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2000, 07:08 PM
Web Hosting Master

web expose

Havent heard alot about them, I know catalog.com and raqspace are good. Take a look at what we have to offer, and give me a call if you ahve any questions.

Old 09-19-2000, 08:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Lightbulb

Actually, if you look closely they do also offer Linux dedicated hosting, and are soon to offer Linux virtual hosting... Once all their testing's finished

And don't diss Win2K as a web server - I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by what it's done and what you can do with it. Sure, *nix will always be no. 1 as a web server in my mind, but Win2K is closing in very quickly.

Old 09-19-2000, 09:35 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

It's OKAY!!!!

You seem to know an awfly lot about their inner-workings, we don't mind here if you say that you work their. Actually that might spark more business because people can ask you questions!

Old 09-20-2000, 02:46 AM
Web Hosting Master

Talking ROFLMAO!

Stat, thanks for that, but no, I don't work there. I just happen to host there at the moment and I am very, very happy with them. I've had numerous late night conversations with the owner (Philip) and some of the support team, and they have proved to be not only knowledgeable, but very friendly and will be very flexible when you want.

(here's another clue that I don't work for them - they're based in Florida, I'm down in the Olympic country )

Old 09-20-2000, 03:27 AM
ex-Aussie

hehe, maybe you tele-commute... It's just over a bit of water after all! what's 10 000 miles these days

3 days on planes, 4 days work in Florida, no weekends, every week. *lol* Just think of the duty-free, and booze on the plane.

*last check - 2nd behind the amercians, one gold behind*

Greg Moore
http://www.akashik.net

Old 09-20-2000, 03:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

Talking

Hehe, certainly wish I could do that, but imagine all the bloody jet-lag I'd have to cope with!

Old 09-22-2000, 10:06 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Why get involved then?

It seems odd that the owner of a business would get involved with a BBS discussion, unless he was "sticking up" for one of his people. I am not saying you are lying, it just seems like bad business practive to turn off potential customers by getting involved in their petty disputes.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-23-2000, 02:53 AM
ex-Aussie

petty disputes?

Maybe I'm reading BC's post wrong, but it seems to me like he's very happy being hosted by them. If the owner of the business wants to take an active role in the satisfaction of his customers, then I for one don't see it as a bad thing. The fact BC can talk to not only tech support but someone all the way up the tree to the guy who pays the bills seems like a great advantage to have. I know a lot of people who would kill for such service.

Greg Moore

Old 09-23-2000, 05:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

Stat, uhmm....... I don't get your post at all.... See akashik's explanation.

Old 09-23-2000, 03:58 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Kill?

I don't know anyone who would kill for any tyoe of tech. service! Maybe it is just the type of people I associate with. As far as not understanding, I am not surprised!

Old 09-23-2000, 04:41 PM
ex-Aussie

*sniff sniff*

I smell a troll.

Greg Moore

Old 09-23-2000, 04:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

What in the world is this about? I don't see any "petty disputes" here. BC absolutely does not work for webexpose, he just likes them a lot. What the heck is wrong with that? It's a nice change of pace to get good news about someone instead of dealing with people running up a bunch of pages on, say, GX Hosting, like at tips-tricks. And if you read some of the posts over there, you'd know why people would kill for decent support. Beats being ignored.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Codero Hosting Listing 2014-04-18 13:30:16
Dedicated Gaming Listing 2014-04-18 13:32:21
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 1, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-01 16:21:32
Web Hosting Provider Host Cats Launches Dedicated Servers in India Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 16:10:39
Canadian Web Host BlackSun Launches Customized Dedicated Servers Web Hosting News 2012-05-28 14:35:45