2Checkout Scam!

Just a warning to all you who use 2Checkout. This e-mail is circulating:

Dear 2CheckOut Member,

We at 2ChouckOut are sorry to inform you that we are having problems with
    the billing information of your account. We would
    appreciate it if you
    would visit our website 2CheckOut Billing Center and fill out
    the proper
    information that we are needing to keep you as an 2CheckOut member.

If you think you have received this email as an error, please visit
    our website and fill out the necessary information. That way we can
    make sure that everything is up to date! Again here is the
    link to our website. 2CheckOut Billing Center

Thank you
    Accounts Management

As outlined in our User Agreement, 2CheckOut will periodically send you
    information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy
    Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive AResponse

It's acompanied by a URL that point s to a server in asia.

Just a heads up.

Aaron

Thanks for the head's up.

2ChouckOut?

There is also a similar scam floating around for AT&T... just FYI.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

and most of the UK banks online divisions

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

And eBay... see this thread for details.

There's also one asking you to enter your ICQ username and password... I received that one a few months ago.

Pretty sad stuff, really...
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

We have just been notified that someone has sent out an email titled 2CheckOut Member Billing Information Security Update.
    This email has been made to look as though it came from 2CheckOut.com. It asks for your billing information, including your credit card number, 3 digit CVV code, full name, and other potentially sensitive information.

Please realize that 2Checkout.com will never send you an email asking for these details. Please do not go to this site and input your information. If you have already visited the site and input the information they requested, please contact your bank as quickly as possible and report to them what happened.

In the future, if you wish to verify that we are asking for certain information from you, please contact us at http://www.2checkout.com/contactus.html.

We are in the process of contacting the hosting provider for this site and getting it shut down. We will also be notifying the proper authorities and working with them to prosecute these people.

Bill Jones
    Chief Information Officer
    cio@2co.com

Hmm, spoofing FleaBay, PayPal and now 2 Checkout. Who's next?

Originally posted by MilkMan
    Hmm, spoofing FleaBay, PayPal and now 2 Checkout. Who's next?

My guess would be PaySystems.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

I wonder how many people really fall for this kinda stuff?

Seems that any one who uses the net enuff would know not to send out your info just because you get an email?

How do they get information about 2checkout's customers or 2checkout's merchant customer anyway?

Originally posted by cyberservers
    please contact us at http://www.2checkout.com/contactus.html.
    Should be http://www.2checkout.com/contactus.htm
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by XeroMedia
    Should be http://www.2checkout.com/contactus.htm
    I didn't even notice it. 2checkout CIO made a typo then.

cyberservers, generally these scams just spam everyone and hope for some cross-over. They tend to target companies big enough that most people have had exp with them. They could have also spidered looking for the 2checkout checkout line of code.

Chet

I have gotten a few fake PayPal request....

Well - what I want to know is... who in the world falls for those Nigerian money transfer schemes?

Do you all get those? The ones ALL IN CAPS with mention of some vast amount of money ($18,000,000 USD etc.) and a willingness to pay you 20% to be their "transfer agent" etc.?

I honestly wonder if anyone, anywhere, actually falls for those things. Its quite sad if they do. Everything about those e-mails just has "FRAUD" written all over it.

There are some more clever scams going on. Like one scam whereby a foreign fraudster would sent a FAKE certified bank check to a U.S. company for a boat. But the check would be "accidentally" written for like $20K too much. The fraudster would then ask for the U.S. company to please "quickly refund" the extra money that they erroneously wrote.

The U.S. company would do it - the "certified check" would bounce and they would be left without a boat or other high ticket item and ($20,000) as well. Very sad that things like this happen to honest merchants and good people.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

I don't know about that but surely I won't put my cc info on an email. I got like ZoneAlarmPro and Norton Antivirus (latest definition) to protect my PC from data loss. Do you think It's safe enough?

I just don't understand how their frauds can be targetted. If PayPal, that makes sense people are grabbing information from eBay, or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks for the head's up.
    I was lucky to have seen this heads up.

I had just punched in my credit card details to pay for a domain on their site and in the last minute I thought it best to do a quick search on google and low and behold an automated search word came up saying "2checkout scam.

Thank you all so much!

The funny thing is that I aborted the whole deal on their site, but they still sent me a confirmation e-mail saying thank you and that they have now set up my domain name already. LOL!

Proves that they are real scammers!!

Thank you very much
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

PayPal / eBaY / Some unknown banks - this is nothing new!

Did you notify 2CO about this?
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Yikes, thanks for the heads up. This would have been scary. D:

Quote Originally Posted by gelderwick View Post

I had just punched in my credit card details to pay for a domain on their site and in the last minute I thought it best to do a quick search on google and low and behold an automated search word came up saying "2checkout scam.

Thank you all so much!

The funny thing is that I aborted the whole deal on their site, but they still sent me a confirmation e-mail saying thank you and that they have now set up my domain name already. LOL!

Who ? What site ?

Quote Originally Posted by gelderwick View Post

Thank you all so much!

I certainly hope that you actually read the first post on this thread and realize that it's NOT about 2Checkout being any kind of scammers, they are far from it.

The post is related to bogus emails trying to appear as if they are from 2Checkout.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-R View Post
    I certainly hope that you actually read the first post on this thread and realize that it's NOT about 2Checkout being any kind of scammers, they are far from it.

The post is related to bogus emails trying to appear as if they are from 2Checkout.
    Yes exactly, the title of the topic is very misleading! .. and sounds like some people does misunderstand the scam part and thinks it 2Checkout who are scammers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast