Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Irvine California with XO Bandwidth (Opinions Please).

I saw this price quote given by DPI/HostIndustry.net on these boards since i cannot yet post urls i will repost what he posted. This is the lowest quote i have yet to see for XO Colo and Bandwidth in irvine. Please give me your opinions on this quote. I would also like to hear from any customers of DPI/HostIndustry.net or anyone that has dealt with Josh.

Thank you

Hostindustry.net can offer you colo services in Irvine California with XO Bandwidth. We have a 100% network uptime sla

$20.00 per U
    $40.00/Meg, with discounts.

Please contact me if your interested, as I need more information for an accurate quote. Josh@HostIndustry.net

Lightbulb

Why don't you try doing a Search on this forum. Or....

Better yet, just scroll down the page. This topic has been discussed several times.

Hostindustry.net has been discussed? I did do a search before i posted this i didnt see anything on them

While not discussing hostindustry.net specifically, this thread [ http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=198250 ] does debate the finer points of XO Irvine.

Don't want to say it, but at that pricing, they wont' last long in the business.

xo may be selling at that price on very high commits, but even if they are, this company has little to no margin on what they are selling. if the numbers dont work for a company that you *lease* servers from - no big deal; if they go out of business, you havent lost much (comparatively speaking). however, if your colo host goes out of business, there is a high chance your hardware will disappear into the void. if it seems too good to be true (like in this case), dont trust them with your hardware.

paul

Try doing a search on TTLHost, i know it's a totally differnet company, but they were also in XO Irvine and were selling at Ridiculous prices. The ended up busted and some customer hardware were never returned.

Thank you very much for your replies after the TTL Host incident i am very skeptical. I was lucky i didnt go ahead and colocate with them i was going to but i started hearing negative posts about them.

I think at that price it is safe to say i will probably not colocate with hostindustry im sorry but the way i see it is something is definetly wrong here and im not to willing to lose $2000 worth of hardware to test them out.

I am in no way stating that hostindustry is a rip off i have not had any buisness dealings with them.

Have you found your host yet?

I have been talking to Dillhole i think we might be on the same page

I am still interested in hearing from others.

is XO Irvine a requirement or are you looking for something in the general southern California area?

Correct we are looking for something in the Southern California area.

Originally posted by Kevin C.
    Correct we are looking for something in the Southern California area.
    I'm helping a client of mine migrate from Hurricane Electric to a southern California datacenter. We've looked at Cable & Wireless and Mzima both in downtown Los Angeles. Cable & Wireless doesn't deal with less than 10U and 1Mbps but are very willing to negotiate. Mzima has great pricing for low commits.

However you aren't going to see anything near $40/Mbps. I know for a fact AboveNet/MFN wont go below $50/Mbps unless your commit is above 100Mbps and if thats any indication, neither will CW.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mzima's pricing is great, and rumor has it they will have level3 by the end of Q4-2003, which is only a month or two away
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Originally posted by nickn
    Mzima's pricing is great, and rumor has it they will have level3 by the end of Q4-2003, which is only a month or two away
    That is what I hear as well, can't wait to have L3. You'll be very hard pressed to find a provider as solid as mzima for their pricing. Sure, it's higher than most, and definately higher than $40/mbit but you really get what you pay for.

XO also has a pop in 818 and One Wilshire as far as I know, in case you wanted to get pricing from them. However, I would prefer to be in a carrier neutral facility instead of an XO owned and operated facility.

-Steven
    Last edited by insiderhosting; 10-28-2003 at 09:39 PM.
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Mzima is probably in the $1XX range on the smaller commit. So is Above.net, XO, C&W. If you go with the carrier direct, be prepare to pay $$$. As with XO, their pop in 818 and One Whilshire is probably a Sonet pop. Pricing on the Sonet pop isn't at all good unless you can take a least an OC3.

Wow pretty surprised by all the responses i have received. I must thank WHT for these great boards with out WHT i wouldnt have received such a big response from everyone.

I guess i got what i wanted XO contacted me personally and told me they would work directly with me and qouted me a great price.

Thank you everyone.

XO stealing business from their resellers? nifty.

XO stealing business from their resellers? nifty.
    lol ya that is kind of funny huh? I didnt quite think of it that way.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Kevin C.
    lol ya that is kind of funny huh? I didnt quite think of it that way.
    Perhaps you should. XO also has a history of stealing clients from their colo customers.

I wonder if the XO sales rep who PM'd him will post defending himself....I think that's pretty low, and kinda sends a definite signal to their colo customers who are trying to make a living basically reselling their services, and instead are being lowball'd by them.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Kevin C. was shopping around for the best deal. He wasn't commited to any provider or rep. Although I agree what happened doesn't look good I don't see, in this instance, anything wrong with it.

What I meant in my post is that XO has a history of stealing established clients of its colo customers. This is clearly wrong.

Low balling for new business is one thing. Going behind your customers' back to steal their clients away is quite another thing.

I am not saying this is completely wrong, but it's definately not cool. The last thing I want if I'm purchasing bandwidth/colo space from a company is that company tryin' to take my customers.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

I am not saying this is completely wrong, but it's definately not cool. The last thing I want if I'm purchasing bandwidth/colo space from a company is that company tryin' to take my customers.
    Another in a long list a reasons to go with carrier neutral colo.

I've actually heard this direct from an XO employee in the last 3 days. This was a direct face to face comment to me. I can also tell you it was not a sales guy telling me this.

"Both us and He.net are losing our ass in California. We're both overselling pretty bad."
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast