Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shannara, send me an email at rbohm@rockethosts.net or pm me the info and I will look into it. There hasn't been any email to our abuse email in 3 months, so I don't know what to tell you. I just spoke with Josh (abuse dude) and he confirmed that. I am copied on all abuse@ emails and haven't received it either.
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

Ok, I may have traced wrong, but I can resend when I get home. I know the guy have changed his DNS servers since then, so he may have moved but.. *shrugs* I'll email when in about 9 hours.
    1. Mmmmm food...

Originally posted by Shannara
    No, "backstabbers, theives, and scum", would encompass the world, as mentioned in my last post, Illegal music downloaders are just theives.

RH Robert: Have you talked to your abuse department in the last 2 weeks, or read their email. I've called you guys about two weeks ago concerning one of your client hosting illegal materials and was fowarded to the abuse department. ... 2 weeks ago..
    Yes, but they are only stopping American music downloaders when the bigger offenders are OUTSIDE the US and the problem is the RIAA can't touch them so whats the point? I think where music first orginated(The modern country) we all should pay a fine from them because thats where music was first started so I think that country is entitled to a small portion of the profits from all music organzations.
    Kerry Jones

I think most people who download music in a file sharing services are just evaluating it, sure there are many ways to evaluate musics legally, most find such's services as Kazzalite to be the best one.

Oh man, great point. In such a case, block a country from the backbone But that would definately give the RIAA way too much power... ergh, they have too much power nowdays as it is.
    1. Mmmmm food...

The RIAA just needs to get their priorities straight and work with the comsumer, not the comsumers. The way the act now, if they had their way, there be no record buttons, and you would pay for listening to the radio.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Shannara, let me lay down my policies:

I download one or two songs from an album, if I like them, I buy the album, if I don't, then I delete the songs.

Any MP3, or any music file, I keep on my comp I do buy the CD for it.

I work it like as if I were to go to the store and listen to the cd at the store; if I like, I buy. I do not approve of downloading an entire album to ones comp and then NOT buying the cd.

Understand my logic behind this?

I believe I understand the logic, but not the reasoning ??? Im sorta confused there.

Thats almost like me saying, I'll steal a car from the dealer (instead of a real test driving it, in this case download MP3 samples - 30 second clips), and if I like it, I'll go back to the dealer, and ask if I can buy the car I stole.

*shrugs*?
    1. Mmmmm food...

The thing is this, car stealing is different then media downloading. The whole point of the matter is that if I want to demo a car before buying, I'll get a test drive. If I want to demo a song from a cd before I buy the cd, I'll download a single file. Be it a car or music file, if I like it I'll buy it, otherwise I return it or get rid of it.

Originally posted by Shannara
    I believe I understand the logic, but not the reasoning ??? Im sorta confused there.

Thats almost like me saying, I'll steal a car from the dealer (instead of a real test driving it, in this case download MP3 samples - 30 second clips), and if I like it, I'll go back to the dealer, and ask if I can buy the car I stole.

*shrugs*?
    You can test drive a car ...

Originally posted by OKIHost
    All I gotta say is keep up the good works guys what the RIAA is doing is an invasion of both mine and your privacy. I say good job fellas and keep up the good work, privacy is something that is going to become more and more of an issue as the years pass by.
    Right on,What the RIAA is dong is wrong,i hope stuff like this happens again and again,to no avial.......But in the end,we all know who to blame:

M E T A L L I C A !!!!!!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Kerry jones

The fact is the RIAA is ruining our families and putting distrust and shame between the members of our families.

PS - I am NOT threatening I am giving a prime example [/B QUOTE]

Your right kerry,they are trying to ruin people lives,but PEOPLE ALSO HAVE TO START TAKING MORE PROTECTIVE MEASURES....

1) DONT USE KAZAA -- It amazes me how many people still use KAZAA when they know the RIAA is all over it,waiting to invade a users life......

You can easily download a program that has an IRQ client with song search features,its safer than KAZAA!!!

Oh well.......

The Dude

PS-

I hope im not stepping on ne toes,but this is wrong,the net used to be a free enterprise,until deep pocket companies like METALLICA ruined it...(They arent innocent themselves,believe me,they have done some underhanded things behind the scenes also......Its like the pot calling the kettle BLACK!!)

Hmm, no difference what-so-ever. I know you can test drive a car, as I mentioned in my post. So people are saying, if they want to demo a song, instead of downloading a demo (30 sec clip, etc) they wills steal the song and listen to see if they like it. If they do, they buy the CD?

Okay.... how is stealing different from stealing? It is still taking property that is not yours. ?!?
    1. Mmmmm food...

You can listen to full length song clips at any music store, or download them from authorized websites too. The whole matter is this: you test out the album, get rid of the music if you dislike or buy if you like; that is not stealing, that is simply "test driving" the album.

Now, I would agree that it was stealing if you downloaded the song and KEPT it, but what about deleting it?

Hmm, music store does not allow you download the song (which is the key difference), as music stores are required to get a license to have those machines in there Just like most radio stations require a license to broadcast music for you to listen to.

I would like to see authorized non-pay websites that allow you to download songs, even if to test-drive.
    1. Mmmmm food...

I love the blurry area here. There is no set time for what determines if something is stolen or not. See, awhile back, not sure if it sticks today, but I think it is, it was said that if you downloaded a MP3, if you deleted it after 3 days then it was not stolen.

Regardless, in my opinion, if you download a file and keep it without buying the cd, you've stolen it. If you delete it within a reasonable time of obtaining it, or if you purchase and pay for the cd, then it is not stolen.

Hmm, i need to find links, but alot of people was using that 3 day reason for software as well... it didnt sit well with the courts.. gah, i'll find the links for you
    1. Mmmmm food...

Software is different. Look, neither of us are law professionals; everything we state to eachother is based on speculation. Honestly, we're never going to end this little debate.

true.. but... debating is fun fun fun!
    1. Mmmmm food...

Oh yes, I do agree. I love to debate, but when we get into an endless loop on the same disagreement, things tend to get old. Don't you agree?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123