I dunno about this one. It doesn't particularly strike a chord with me, yet I don't hate it either. Which irritates me sometimes, since I'm usually rather opinionated
In all seriousness, however, I do have some pointers.
1. I do like the font very much you use for some of the general text as well as buttons and pointers to other areas of the site. However, it would help if you use rollovers for links so that they actually stand out. In usability terms, it's nearly impossible from first glance to work out which are links and which aren't. Rollovers will help.
2. Further along the lines of the font, I usually have a maxim : "If you can do it in text, do it in text first and foremost."
In this case I can easily see why you've chosen to use GIFs instead of normal text, so that's fine, but I suggest that in order to further remove the confusion about which are links and which aren't, that you re-consider using the font for the 'general text' e.g. 'For the latest news, check out the message board', 'Welcome to the NEW LOOK blah blah'....
3. Which brings me to yet another point : 'For the lastest
4. I suggest you think about adding a light-coloured border to the entire site to give it a bit of contrast and make it look a bit cleaner. It's not imperative, but would be a good idea.
5. To let the site 'breathe' and look cleaner, I suggest you add some CELLPADDING to the main page between the centre and right columns so that the poll doesn't appear to stick to the centre text and look messy.
Content wise, it's not bad at all, and glad to see you're canvassing visitor's opinions for content.
All in all, not bad at all.