Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colo in Chicago

Colo in Chicago

Can anyone recommend a Colo provider in Chicago??

Thanks -

There is servercentral.net they are in Equinix in Chicago

I'll second that recommendation, you won't find better bandwidth than servercentral in chicago, possibly not in most of the US

(only find better in the west coast...*coughourscough*)

And we don't colo so that wasn't self promotion
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

We are using servercentral.net. From our experience, their network are fast and stable.

fdcservers.net

Originally posted by music
    fdcservers.net
    Probably not the best choice if cost isn't your #1 concern.

just a quick plug for FDC.. they've gotten they're QoS hardware working now. Speeds are consistant and I haven't had any issues for a while now. If you haven't tried FDC in a while, it may be time to give it a shot =) I think the QoS devices they have running will really help them. . . no more bandwidth abusers.

I think coloquest.com in Chicago. They're using Level3.
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

I would highly recommend ServerCentral. I would avoid FDC like the plague on so many levels.

If your budget can afford servercentral, great place.

For the price FDC offers great deals and the network has been great since going to the BGP. :-)

servercentral's network performance (ie latency) gets mixed reviews. i know of at least two people running latency sensitive stuff on their bw and having issues with some routes. should be fine for webhosting.

fdc was, is and will be crap. do the math or be an idiot, your choice. qos hardware, bgp, any other cool sounding acronym - its still a pig and it is dirty.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Rusko

Well when you get your website up at http://www.rusko.us up and running you can show all of us idiots, what it is all about.

Is that on topic? Dun think so...

Hey I know. Lets start a flamewar! w00t!
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

your trolling has been reported. i do not need to prove anything to anyone, people with clue are aware of my credentials.

i attempted to steer the OP in the right direction using the appropriate tone to describe the services of the respective companies. if you think FDC can defy mathematics and push more traffic over a pipe than the pipe can transport, please stay at FDC. there has to be a place where people like this can go, after all =]

paul

Originally posted by music
    Rusko

Well when you get your website up at http://www.rusko.us up and running you can show all of us idiots, what it is all about.

I dont' want to mention it, but since you guys brought up FDC, I'll tell you my server after the IP change gets 125KB/s of upstream speed now. During the IP change, the network was fast at I get 600KB/s. Now, it's worse than usual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com