hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Exchange or the westin building?

Forum Jump

Exchange or the westin building?

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Exchange or the westin building?

Can anybody comment on what would be a better co-location datacenter.

Exchange in San Fransico or,
The Westin Building in Seattle.

Can you please tell me your past experiences as well as advantages and disadvantages to both datacenters.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

The most important thing is Where are you physically located? The 2 buildings are very far apart.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I guess I should clarify, its not really a co-location server. Its a dedicated server that I can have in either datacenter.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Exchange Colo would probably be better. If you look at it from a capacity point of view, the Bandwidth is really in the SF Bay Area. With Seattle, most of the carrier Sonet runs at lower speed then in the SF Bay Area.

But it also depends on the provider.

Old

the westin business center routes the majority of telecommunications in the northwest i believe, which puts them as a very rich peering point.

companies like sextracker (fci) host there for instance, and have a multi-gigabit network internal to the building. at least, that was the way it was 3-4 years ago, i can imagine it's only larger.

SF bay area would have the advantage of being close to PAIX... it's probably pretty fair. especially if you're only getting a dedicated server or two, you won't notice much difference. if you were going to be buying multiple FE's or some gigE, it could make some difference then.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Microsoft Exchange Online Outage of Over 8 Hours Frustrates Customers Web Hosting News 2014-06-25 11:23:55
SMBs Continue to Use Microsoft Exchange 2003 as April Deadline Looms Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:25:29
Deutsche Börse Partners to Launch Cloud Resource Exchange Web Hosting News 2013-07-02 12:41:44
1&1 Internet Launches Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2013 Plans Web Hosting News 2013-04-10 15:46:03
Equinix Opens $60 Million Data Center in Seattle Web Hosting News 2013-03-15 16:35:14