Exchange or the westin building?

Can anybody comment on what would be a better co-location datacenter.

Exchange in San Fransico or,
    The Westin Building in Seattle.

Can you please tell me your past experiences as well as advantages and disadvantages to both datacenters.

Thanks.

The most important thing is Where are you physically located? The 2 buildings are very far apart.

I guess I should clarify, its not really a co-location server. Its a dedicated server that I can have in either datacenter.

Exchange Colo would probably be better. If you look at it from a capacity point of view, the Bandwidth is really in the SF Bay Area. With Seattle, most of the carrier Sonet runs at lower speed then in the SF Bay Area.

But it also depends on the provider.

the westin business center routes the majority of telecommunications in the northwest i believe, which puts them as a very rich peering point.

companies like sextracker (fci) host there for instance, and have a multi-gigabit network internal to the building. at least, that was the way it was 3-4 years ago, i can imagine it's only larger.

SF bay area would have the advantage of being close to PAIX... it's probably pretty fair. especially if you're only getting a dedicated server or two, you won't notice much difference. if you were going to be buying multiple FE's or some gigE, it could make some difference then.

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com