hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : cheapest colo?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

cheapest colo?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Disabled

cheapest colo?

who is the cheapest colocation provider you have seen on the internet?

the cheapest i have seen would have to be unitedcolo.com, where it's only $1.00/month + $50.00/month for 1u of rackspace.

anybody found anything cheaper than that?

also, has anybody had experience with united colo as their colocation provider?

love,
ub3r

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

you want something *cheaper* than that?

paul

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Old
Web Hosting Master

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

actually i see DN's $99 1u colo (600gb) the best deal for its price and quality(its nac premium!). too bad they are not accepting new orders.

Old
Disabled

$100 for 1u and that includes 320GB of Data Transfer where I am at today. Multi-homed BW as well....

Old
Premium Member

I think istop.com is probably near the utter cheapest... but can't say that you won't get what you pay for. Tera-byte is probably next; both are in Canada.

A couple months ago I made a request here for sub-$50 colo for a 2u machine, and got over a dozen responses. Even though it's been less than a week, I've been very, very happy with the company I went with so far - their response time has been phenomenal the two times I've needed hand-holding.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ankheg
I think istop.com is probably near the utter cheapest... but can't say that you won't get what you pay for. Tera-byte is probably next; both are in Canada.

A couple months ago I made a request here for sub-$50 colo for a 2u machine, and got over a dozen responses. Even though it's been less than a week, I've been very, very happy with the company I went with so far - their response time has been phenomenal the two times I've needed hand-holding.
Thats good to hear, willing to share the company name?

AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Old
Premium Member

Of course, with the BIG caveat that what I'm paying (<$40/mo) is a LOT less than any of their advertised prices on their site, and that what I'm getting for that (2U, 15GB/mo) is a lot less than most people need or use. I make no guarantee AT ALL that they'd honor or respond to such a request again, but... it's Digital Princeton (digitalprinceton.net), and, like I said, I've been extremely pleased with their service thus far. I figured in a month or so I'd post an actual review-type post, since, although they're active here on WHT, they're not much discussed.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
actually i see DN's $99 1u colo (600gb) the best deal for its price and quality(its nac premium!). too bad they are not accepting new orders.
Contact them directly, afaik they DO still have colo space available.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Wow, colo might finally start looking like a deal instead of a rip off.. sounds like unitedcolo could be the next rackshack (in the colo world )

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Nutty About Hosting Listing 2014-01-10 16:55:32
Demand Media Reports Registrar Gains Despite Overall Net Losses in Q3 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-08 16:50:56
Internap Gives Colocation Customers Cloud-like Control with New Unified Portal Web Hosting News 2013-04-24 15:16:26
Colo Atl Expands Atlanta Data Center to Meet Growth Web Hosting News 2013-03-07 14:38:01
Internap Survey Finds Organizations Want Cloud-like Control in Colo Environments Web Hosting News 2013-02-14 09:34:25