hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Info about Server Matrix?

Forum Jump

Info about Server Matrix?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2003, 12:31 AM

Info about Server Matrix?

Hello,
I was searching around for a dedicated server, I found the Server Matrix that some how meet my needs. Anyone has a server with them, what about their support, uptime. Any suggestions or comments about them are more than welcome.
Also how do you rate them form the scale from 1 to 10.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Do the search here...

They have a lot of praise, I gonna order one from them ^_^

Old 10-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Disabled

It seems they are great. I personal know one of the resellers of there servers. All i heard from them is all there clients were happy with SM. SM is part of the planet datacenter!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Disabled

The support is not that bad the servers are good the price is good what can i say there not bad at all i got one server with them and one server with nocster i would say Server Matrix is the one to go with.

Old 10-09-2003, 01:57 AM

Thumbs down

I don't know what good you see in SM, for me their network are the worst that I ever seen. I had server with them only more than a month and there were three outages already, 1st time is 8hrs, 2nd was 10min, and today was more than 1 hr. while the server I have with RS haven't got a single down time since year. So if you're looking for solid network, I recommend RS.

Old 10-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Web Hosting Master

I would have to say I am totally happy with SM. Great bunch of people there that actually care. Ticket support sometimes slow but a phone call to NOC is instant. In my eyes cannot go wrong with getting a server from them good luck.

Email Us: Admin[at]YourWayHosting.com Visit Us: www.yourwayhosting.com

Old 10-09-2003, 05:05 AM
Web Hosting Master

Pretty happy with my server with SM. At least I know it is hosted by people who knows what they are doing and are ever so willing to help.

There was a day last month which the network went down for a couple of hours and they were more than willing to stand by their SLA and compensate us for the downtime. Beyond that, their network is rock solid with no other downtime.

I needed support, I get Support from SM . Glad I am there.

Old 10-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Web Hosting Guru

nkoo, 8hrs outage of the whole network? or was it you breaking your server?

Old 10-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I was a bit disappointed. I moved from Rackshack to SM and the same day I moved my server had almost 1hr of downtime. Not a good start considering I was expecting better stability than at RS (at Rackshack I didn't experience any downtime in a few months). Hopefully it gets better...

Old 10-09-2003, 07:58 AM

I been with them for about 6 months now and have had no down time what so ever and their network has seem great so far. They have answered all my support questions in a timely manner and I been pretty happy with them so far.

Old 10-09-2003, 08:40 AM
Disabled

sm is better thn rs

Old 10-09-2003, 09:06 AM
WHT Addict

I've been with server matrix for about 3 months, and there has been one downtime of a few hours of all my servers. Even though this happened, I am still very happy about the quality of service. Downtime is bound to happen one day or another, and a few hours in 3 months span is nothing to be scared of.

Yesterday night I put in an order for my 6th server there, and when I woke up this morning at 6am there was an email with the information on my new server. It's already up and running.

So far I've been and I still am in other data centers, and SM has proved to be the best out of them all. I highly recommend them without hesitation, and I wish I had found about them earlier.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:22 AM

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. All the information was very helpful, I saw that a few people are not satisfied from SM, but I think itís hard to find the 100% to be satisfied from one company.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:55 PM

bad experience

My experience with Server Matrix has been terrible. The server they gave me would not deliver all email - some of it just piled up in the mail queue. I first reported this problem 5 days ago. Their response time is 12+ hours for a trouble ticket, and when you do get a response, it demonstrates complete cluelessness. This problem is still not fixed, and I'm still waiting for them to respond to my trouble ticket!

Not only that, but setting up the server took them 4 days and there has already been one server outage. I've had no choice but to point the DNS records back to my old web server. I give up.

I strongly recommend against using Server Matrix!

Old 10-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: bad experience

Quote:
Originally posted by gammad
My experience with Server Matrix has been terrible. The server they gave me would not deliver all email - some of it just piled up in the mail queue.

I strongly recommend against using Server Matrix!
If I remember correctly mail servers are software and software is something you handle or configure. The problem that mails may not be delivered would mostly likely be attributed to misconfiguration of the mail server or DNS entries. The last time I checked that is the user's department.

Sometimes emails do not get sent because it could not resolve the receipient mail server. It could be badly configured dns so it cannot do a lookup or the remote server does not exists such as mistyped email address. Or there are times in which if Reverse DNS is not set up, the remote server will reject emails from your machine.

By the way, were there error messages ?

Don't think that hardware is the cause of this.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - March 14, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-03-14 17:12:49
Noc-PS.com Listing 2014-04-23 18:31:34
CWCS Managed Hosting Listing 2014-04-23 18:32:05
Jelastic PaaS Moves into the Netherlands with Info.nl Partnership Web Hosting News 2013-03-26 16:13:04
Netcraft May Web Server Survey Sees First Drop in Responses in 22 Months Web Hosting News 2012-05-02 13:59:57