Which registrar can hide my whois information ?

Hi , I wonder which domain name registrar can hide my whois information ? Or allow me to provide fake whois information ??

That is , as long as my credit card information is correct , they don't care what I fill in the whois information.

Only 2 come to mind

RegisterFly (Protectfly) - 2.50
    Godaddy -(domains by proxy) - 9.00
    Domain Maven

well you cannot have 'fake' information there.

I am wondering why you want to put fake information there though....
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Originally posted by kohashi
    I am wondering why you want to put fake information there though....
    Prevent spamming...

Simply setup one email address for your domain names (not your personal address).

Then simply check it every so often. This way people can still get a hold of you, and you dont get spammed in your personal inbox.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

I have a complete control of my name and can hide any information I want. This feature was avalable at *******.com since 1999 free of charge and I'm pretty happy about it.

you can put 'whatever you want' at most places. Just you might get in trouble for it.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Private registration with Godaddy (extra $9.00) is no different than that, even worse. And for all fairness they should be prosecuted by law for discreditation of public whois system.

You may wish to read into how the privacy with godaddy works. It's not illegal, because they own the domain name. The information in there is quite valid.

I believe that protectfly works the same way.

They own it, you control it. If you want to do anything, or need the whois to show, or feel insecure about having it owned by someone else, you cancel the service, and the name is yours again.

Some people are paranoid about someone else showing as registrant for the domain, some people could care less so long as they have control of the domain.
    Dan.

"Some people just don't know what to wish for" -- O.W. Grant from the movie Interstate 60

Originally posted by PCplayground
    Simply setup one email address for your domain names (not your personal address).

Then simply check it every so often. This way people can still get a hold of you, and you dont get spammed in your personal inbox.
    Hey I understand Internet is supposed to be open and transparent and I agree wholeheartedly with that concept but email spam is only one problem IMO, anybody can check my home address and I don't like that much.

Originally posted by rezag
    anybody can check my home address and I don't like that much.
    PO Box or business address work as well. Otherwise, you are left with registering a domain with a registrar that offers a private registration.

As has been mentioned on here, putting in invalid information is a great way to lose your domain, so not a suggested practice.
    Dan.

"Some people just don't know what to wish for" -- O.W. Grant from the movie Interstate 60

Use www.godaddy.com and select their private registration option.

Chris

Originally posted by Laetitia
    I have a complete control of my name and can hide any information I want. This feature was avalable at *******.com since 1999 free of charge and I'm pretty happy about it.
    But *******.com was registered in January of 2003?

Laetitia, why are almost all your posts about promoting ******** or their affilate company, **********? After all of your accusations in other threads about eNom and Godaddy being spammers, YOU wouldn't be ******** forum spamming WebHostingTalk, would ya?
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

No, I am not spamming your forum. I think that we discuss different companies here. Take a look when **********.com was registered.

Take a look when **********.com was registered.
    Your post indicated that you had had this service since 1999 with *******.COM. *******.com was first registered in January 2003 according to Tucows, the registrar of record. You didn't say anything in this post about **********.com (which is I guess your other company).

No, I am not spamming your forum. I think that we discuss different companies here.
    But that is the point, you only seem to want to promote ********** and ******** and to bash all the other registrars for "spamming."

Funny thing is here you are spamming the forum for ********...

I don't owe ******* and not affiliated with any company. ********** and ******* is the same thing as far as I understand..
    You think it's ok to be satisfied with Enom and consider spamming is good if somebody prefers other company. ENOM sends spam and here we discuss and compare which one is better.
    For example, can u name any registrar who has trial LIVE acces to their services? Why I should buy anything without trying?

Laetitia,

I dropped the subject hours ago because you posted in another thread that you do not own, nor are affiliated in anyway, with either ********** or *******. But you have to admit that almost EVERYONE of your posts is promoting ********** and ******** - I consider that highly suspicious behavior for a forum enviornment.

In addition, you keep accusing eNom of spamming in this and other threads. I think it's time to prove your point. When did eNom spam? Can you post a copy of the email? What were they offering/selling in the spam mail?

All I know is that I have a lot of domain names with many different registrars. None of them are perfect registrars, but NONE (to my recollection) have ever spammed me with unsolicited emails offering additional services (not even GoDaddy because I opted out of that in my sign-up). They do, however, send me renewal notices for the various domains and also service interruption notices when the registries bring down their services.

Now other companies have harvested my email addresses for the various domains off the public whois and, yes, I get a lot of spam... but I can't blame that on the registrars.

So, please, convince me... if eNom DID spam you, then I want to know about it. I use eNom primarily, but could just as easily substitute another registrar like Directi for what I do.

spammers http://discountdomainsource.com/
    affiliated with srsplus.com
    for example, just recently

From Enom, there was lots of them.
    I have told my Internet Service provider to block all emails sent from enom servers and now I do not receive them.

And, I do not care if the spammers are Enom itself or just their resellers. It does not make any difference to me. Enom is bad anyway, because it allows email advertisement which should be banned by default.

I don't owe ******* and not affiliated with any company. ********** and ******* is the same thing as far as I understand..
    Interesting IP you have there for someone supposedly not affiliated with them.

Talking

They are my ISP, so what?
    If I would want to promote somebody I would have used proxy servers.