hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions : This Ends NOW WHT. RIGHT NOW!
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

This Ends NOW WHT. RIGHT NOW!

Closed Thread Post New Thread In WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2001, 08:50 AM

Angry

This Ends NOW WHT. RIGHT NOW!

My posts have been deleted here 3 times in the past 3 days. I believe i know who. Now you have to understand that your dillusions of granger end here. Your authority ends here. You can delete this thread on this board but not elsewhere on boards that can steal you're competition.

I've been a member of WHT a while now and have noticed a trend in replies. When a question like; Can you recommend a good host? Members who i will not name at present will come along and tout around a web host that is loyal to a cartel within WHT. This cartel is headed by the mods and Chicken as well as other high post count members of WHT. These usual suspects when encountered are stuck up adversarial little shmucks at best who do not allow for debate unless it is in favour of the web hosts in this group. This board is and never was an impartial place to come and chat, these usual suspects will stick their nerdy noses in to business that doesn't concern them. If a new web host responds to the question it will be given a pat on the back and conveniently forgotten about so its packages do not better this cartels. If i were to say something bad about e.g. chicken host, within hours dozens of WHT suckers would have come to its defence. DO YOU SEE THE SAME THINGS AS ME OR ARE YOU AS SHORT SIGHTED AS THEM, OR WORSE HAVE PLACED YOU'RE LOYALTIES WITH WHT. YOUR THOUGHTS???????????

The mods on here are bias, this stance should be changed. I call for new mods to be elected by the populace so WHT can beat the rest. I call for a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the mods and hierarchy of the board. Vote in this thread. PROVE ME WRONG!

Mr Chicken, if you delete this post you are only validating the content within.

By the way chicken host is an example and not REAL. I say this as i know one of you would come and try and be a smart ass. Note i said try.

READ THIS WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2001, 09:02 AM
A#* Duke Of New York

My main problem with what you say is that this is matts, we have no control on what goes on. If you do not like what goes on here, then go somewhere else. Nothing is making you stay.

Old 08-25-2001, 09:12 AM
Junior Guru

some of the mods are very nice while other(s) can be a pain. Lots of my posts have been for little or no reason.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2001, 09:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hmm.. Offcourse people would backup hosts that they know and have good reputation here. If you look around this board you will see that even very popular hosts that have problems get a lot of heat from everyone.

Old 08-25-2001, 09:41 AM
Web Hosting Guru

hey i have an idea.

let's just keep this post kinda current, we can change the name, and reword it, but since it crops up about once every 6 months, perhaps we should kinda just automatically re-post every six months.

it would save a lot of people the trouble of having to type all that out again. all that anger for just a bulletin board. i guess it's better than road rage...

Old 08-25-2001, 10:08 AM
Web Hosting Master

Dictator you must be high.

The reason why they delete those kind of posts, because they don't want a fight to break on the whole forum.

If you want to go fight e-mail or ICQ the host and go fight, not here.

Electing new mods ? LOL

Old 08-25-2001, 10:13 AM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

Quote:
Originally posted by i am a
hey i have an idea.

let's just keep this post kinda current, we can change the name, and reword it, but since it crops up about once every 6 months, perhaps we should kinda just automatically re-post every six months.

it would save a lot of people the trouble of having to type all that out again. all that anger for just a bulletin board. i guess it's better than road rage...
Maybe a good idea.
How about a whole forum dedicated to to it?
For,apparently, there are people with demonically possessed browsers that force the user to travel to web pages that annoy the hell out of them

If you don't like WHT; . . . . stay away.

What's so hard about that??

Old 08-25-2001, 10:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

Dictator??

Anyways, if you dont like this place so much, and feel so strongly about how this place is managed, why not post using your real identity? i mean, you say youve been a member here for a long long time right? so why hide behind a new name?

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 08-25-2001, 10:39 AM
Web Hosting Master

What a load of crap.

"Members who i will not name at present will come along and tout around a web host that is loyal to a cartel within WHT."

Which web hosts are these? What cartel? Such accusations are beyond a joke. Have you considered that perhaps members recommend web hosting companies because they have had a pleasant experience with them. Obviously a minority of web hosting companies will no doubt get praised more than other web hosts for any number of reasons, possibly their sheer size means a lot of members on the forum will already be using them for their hosting and hence there will be a significant amount of praise. Or their service is so great that customer feel inclined to recommend them. Or their popularity on other forums, word-of-mouth, professional attuide makes other want to comment. Also please note as per forum rules we do not allow web hosting companies to recommend other web hosting companies and such posts are removed, is this what you're referring to in your post?.

WebHostingTalk has a strict set of guidelines clearly visible at:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Most threads like this start because we remove "XYZMember" 's advertisement or sales pitches due to rule violations.

If you have any constructive complaints with basis please email me directly at matt@webhostingtalk.com or post here (in this forum).

Bye Bye... (not that we're gonna miss ya now)

Old 08-25-2001, 11:12 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Sorry i know the forum was closed but i took all this time to type this up besides it's kinda funny HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!

This was an earlier response to DICTATOR who was complaining that these message boards were "rigged"

Logical Explaination
Actually there is no conspiracy, it's just the fact that people are loyal to people who have helped them. Would you know be loyal to friends over strangers? The whole world works like this incase you haven't noticed. As far as people recommending web hosts you claim that new people aren't given as good as a chance as veterans. Well that's obvious. People who post here asking about hosts are looking for somebody who has been around for awhile, a host that has comments on web hosting talk. If your a new guy and don't have these things, of course the veterans are going to get more attention. But you know what you do? You keep helping people here and stick with it, and then you will become a respected veteran. I'm not sure why your three posts were deleted, I'm sure there is an explaination. I'm also not sure why you feel the need to blast out your post here. Have you tried asking an admin, or respectfully tell them that you feel "cheated"? If you don't want to believe this than look at the explaination below:

Real Explaination:
Yes your right, there is a secret elite group. We are a secret society of hosts. With our unlimited wealth and power we dominate and control the hosting industry. If you should be so lucky to attend the secret thursday night meetings (now switched to friday, due to uncontrollable laughter) You will recieve your you Web Hosting Talk Viking Helmet, which certifies you as a member. Every member is also given a gold plated all access bathroom pass. You must email superelite@conspiracy.com to get more info on how we control a PRIVATELY held message board.

Obviously our far reaching powers, weren't enough to help you control your tongue.

Old 08-25-2001, 11:25 AM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

lol
I'm afraid your membership in superelite is now in jeopardy ckiser, after exposing us like this

Old 08-25-2001, 11:45 AM
Web Hosting Master

/me goes to call the smoking man...

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 08-25-2001, 11:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MattF
What a load of crap.

WebHostingTalk has a strict set of guidelines clearly visible at:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Well, that long-winded Rackshack info-mercial broke every one of those rules. It was not only permitted by the moderators but it was endorsed. IMO, that entire thread should be deleted. I'm referring to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=17688

As for hosts recommending hosts. . . (ahem) just use the little search button up top and you'll find many of those.

Old 08-25-2001, 12:34 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally posted by kunal
/me goes to call the smoking man...
ROTFL

You forgot to mention where these secret meetings are held. How can I report them to Scully & Mulder without knowing the details?

#$%HKSDF:GLJ

CARRIER LOST

Old 08-25-2001, 12:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: This Ends NOW WHT. RIGHT NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by kunal
Dictator??

Anyways, if you dont like this place so much, and feel so strongly about how this place is managed, why not post using your real identity? i mean, you say youve been a member here for a long long time right? so why hide behind a new name?
I can answer that. This person is a coward, afraid that his wild accusations and conspiracy theories of cartels, etc., would make him the laughing stock of the industry. He's quite right. Troll troll, troll your boat...

Let's see if I can nail the profile. Wannabe host who doesn't know how to admin a server, nor understand the market, is a reseller... no, no, he signed up for a whole server, after noticing the success of a few hosts here, thinking he'd throw up a site (not a very good one at that), and hope that the customers would pour in if he just makes a few posts.

It just doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dictator
My posts have been deleted here 3 times in the past 3 days. I believe i know who. Now you have to understand that your dillusions of granger end here. Your authority ends here. You can delete this thread on this board but not elsewhere on boards that can steal you're competition.
I understand that my dillusions of 'granger' (being a farmer?) end here. Mother was right, I should give up my dream and just get a 9-5 job like everyone else. But the fields of wheat... they call to me. What shall I do?

Quote:
When a question like; Can you recommend a good host? Members who i will not name at present will come along and tout around a web host that is loyal to a cartel within WHT. This cartel is headed by the mods and Chicken as well as other high post count members of WHT. These usual suspects when encountered are stuck up adversarial little shmucks at best who do not allow for debate unless it is in favour of the web hosts in this group. This board is and never was an impartial place to come and chat, these usual suspects will stick their nerdy noses in to business that doesn't concern them.
You're even a coward while being a coward. And you wonder why the thread was thrown? Cartels headed by myself, the other mods, and members who you won't name? You're right. We did a good job of covering it up all these years, but you've uncovered the scandalous truth.

*Shreds documents*

*Hires same lawyer as Bill Clinton*

Quote:
If a new web host responds to the question it will be given a pat on the back and conveniently forgotten about so its packages do not better this cartels. If i were to say something bad about e.g. chicken host, within hours dozens of WHT suckers would have come to its defence. DO YOU SEE THE SAME THINGS AS ME OR ARE YOU AS SHORT SIGHTED AS THEM, OR WORSE HAVE PLACED YOU'RE LOYALTIES WITH WHT. YOUR THOUGHTS???????????
So members' choices are...

A) They see the same things as you.
B) They are shortsighted like 'them' (guessing the cartel?).
C) They like it here and that's the reason they come to the forum.

In the future we will all run out and sign up for the new host so as they are not forgotten and their packages 'do better this cartels' or is it so their packages 'do not better this cartels'? (I'm lost too).

If members of the cartel can vote, then I'm picking choice 'b'.

*inspects ballots for loose chads*

Quote:
The mods on here are bias, this stance should be changed. I call for new mods to be elected by the populace so WHT can beat the rest. I call for a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the mods and hierarchy of the board. Vote in this thread. PROVE ME WRONG!
I'm not certain of who the 'rest' are that are beating us, but I'm putting in my vote for you as a moderator. Your solid ideas, clear thoughts, and go-gettum'-tiger attitude would be perfect for the job. Cartels need dictators.

Changing a few moderators won't change the fact that you didn't know what you were getting into. We're all deeply sorry that your one-man hosting venture isn't working out for you, but my advice is not to think of WHT as your only customer base and to explore other avenues of potential customers.

Quote:
Mr Chicken, if you delete this post you are only validating the content within.
... or it could be that there is no point in wasting the board's time with an anonymous coward who is jaded by the fact that their little hosting project isn't working out?

... or it could be due to the wild unsubstantiated accusations?

... or it could be that there's no reasonable way to respond and discuss such a cowardly aberration, without being sarcastic? (I hope I didn't resort to this?)

This is why I removed the messages the first two times. You keep coming back, so instead of removing this, I'll allow you to prove yourself a fool. Enjoy.

I borrow Matt's eloquent words, "What a load of crap."

Chicken

Last edited by Chicken; 08-25-2001 at 02:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - January 3, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-01-03 17:14:06
UK Web Host Shard Hosting Ends Service Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:04:08
Verisign Registry Services Ends Q3 with 125.9M Active Domain Names Web Hosting News 2013-10-28 15:03:03
VMware Wants Your Customers Blog 2013-09-03 11:24:47
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 16, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-08-16 16:36:55