hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : The ULTIMATE hosting plan?

Forum Jump

The ULTIMATE hosting plan?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2000, 12:17 AM
WHT Addict

I would like to know what you think would be the ultimate hosting package that could be offered and how much you think it should cost? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2000, 12:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

We'll have to assume you don't mean a fully dedicated server and that this is something that will be on a shared server, correct?

Old 09-14-2000, 12:22 AM
WHT Addict

Yes, Shared

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2000, 12:41 AM
Web Hosting Master

Well as for ultimate, there comes a point when what you offer is just above and beyond what a user could use. This goes along the lines of (dare I say it), unlimited features. Say you want to offer POPs. Ultimate would be what, 1,000? 2,000? I am sure the average person uses something around 3.

I also think that if you set the limits too high, you attact the server hogs. While this may not be true (and I really don't know if it is), I would think that a host that offers 40 gigs/transfer a month, might attact someone who needs 35 Gigs. Get too many of those on the server and there is bound to be problems.

Really, I think you might be missing what most consider the ultimate hosting plan, which is reliable servers, that are connected redundantly, with fast, knowledgeable support.

Anyone can offer 100MB of space or 700MB of space, that is cheap. But the expensive things like enough support staff (ones who even know what they are talking about), are the hardest part, and to me, this makes up the ultimate hosting plan over how many MB and POPs the host offers.

Old 09-14-2000, 06:14 AM
WHT Addict

yeh, I truly agree to Chicken, ultimately the support issue will come no matter how much features you offer to your customers. Fast response to sales/technical queries will win you a thankful heart, word of mouth will bring you valuable customers.

Old 09-14-2000, 06:56 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Exclamation The ULTIMATE hosting plan?

from whose viewpoint ???!!!!!!!!

from the clients viewpoint... The ULTIMATE hosting plan is where everything is offered UNLIMITED !!!!!!

from the hosts viewpoint... The ULTIMATE hosting plan is to have clients who can afford to pay UNLIMITED fees !!!!!!

from a practical viewpoint... The ULTIMATE hosting plan is something about which we all are racking our brains about constantly !!!!!!

Learner

Old 09-14-2000, 10:50 AM
Web Hosting Master

lol!!! Learner!! that was funny!!

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 09-14-2000, 12:45 PM
WHT Addict

Thumbs up

good point !

I'm

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted