Any performance difference due to registrar?

I been noticing some names take longer to resolve than others. Is this due to DNS, or registrar?

Is there any performance difference at all between different registrars? Or is it all just stability?

Depends whether you use their nameservers or not. Some might be problematic. As far as name propagation goes, .com/.net is slower than .org/.biz/.info/.us

ok, so, let's say I use the host's nameserver.

I currently have a verisign registered name, expires in a month.

With all these cheapo registrars around, i can save some money by switching, but is it possible the name will resolve slower because of a bad registrar?

As far as I am concerned, Verisign is the bad guy of the industry. If it expires in a month, I'd be careful as they're known to cause all sorts of issues to delay transfers.

Best method when switching registrars: use 3rd party nameservers.

Switch it over somewhere else and just enjoy a lower cost. The nameservers should be the same speed (assuming you use your hosts, instead of the registrars). Enom's nameservers are pretty fast through from my experience, even all the way out in nepal.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance