Question Does Rackshack offer the same features for a domain name as Godaddy for 8.95?

I see the domain names at ev1servers.net cost only like $5.4 (with tax), but will I then also have the same features like I for example get at godaddy when buying a domain name for $8.95?

Important things for me, what I get at godaddy.

- Forwarding
    - Domain masking

For now, I just want to register a couple of domain names. But in a while I would like to make some sites. I guess for that, I should get a nameserver and DNS settings from my hoster right?

So when I've made and uploaded my website to my host, I only have to change a few settings (given by the hoster) in the control panel of ev1servers .... and that's it? and will this cost extra?

Thanks.

ev1 has only nameserver management and locking. No email or domain forwarding. That's all.

Godaddy, Namecheap has everything you want.

The nameserver function comes with each domain. You just get your webhost's nameserver and enter that at your domain registrar. No extra costs.

fewcoin

If you just want a cheap domains then go with Rackshack, but if you want toppings with your ice cream better consider going elsewhere. The interface at Rackshack are as plain as it gets, but if your buying a domain then it will serve its porpose.

RackShack (or EV1Servers) resells for OpenSRS/Tucows and has EVERYTHING that a REGISTRAR should provide. All those other forwarding "features" are supposedly rendered by your HOST at no extra cost.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by nameslave
    RackShack (or EV1Servers) resells for OpenSRS/Tucows and has EVERYTHING that a REGISTRAR should provide. All those other forwarding "features" are supposedly rendered by your HOST at no extra cost.
    Hmmm, kinda confused here. So you are saying, when I get those rackshack domain names, I can forward them as well using the features of my hoster? The thing is, I don't have a hoster.

What I actually want to do is, forward the domain name (with url masking) to my free isp hosting account (that's something like www.myisp.com/directory/mysite/"), that's all I get from them.

So, I guess in this case I am better of with namecheap or godaddy?