need help sliceing

Hi, cool forum

I made a template using fireworks MX (trial) its a .png...
    And I want to slice it but I don't know how. can't find the feat' in the program...

So does anybody know of a good slicing program?
    Thanks...

BTW - this forum kicks ass!

Photoshop has a nice slicer... But that's a pretty big cash outlay, if you don't already have it. Paint Shop Pro also has a slicer in its Export functionality. And you can download a free 30 day trial of it at the JASC Download Center

Sure hope you're not on Dial-up though, 'cause its a 57,785,936 byte download!
    You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative
    Latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between

-Bob

Fireworks MX is a great slicing program. Click on the web layer and then the slice tool (looks like a blade inside a green rectangle). Don't know why you'd go from fireworks to ps when the program won't make a difference in regards to that function.

I'm assuming the trial is fully functional (it always used to be at least)

Jason
    http://www.charlottezweb.com
    HOSTING your livelihood

Thanx Jason! I thought Fireworks should also have a slicer, but did not know. (I'm still saving my pennies get a copy...) Obviously that would be TheSagaOfMe's best/first choice then...
    You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative
    Latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between

-Bob

Thanks a bunch guys
    I have a cable modem, and I went right ahead and downloaded PSP8 and sliced, and everything worked great. I couldn't find the slicer in fireworks.

The fireworks slicer is a bit harder to use.
    Because in PSP8 I could click on the X and it slices it itself to same sized shapes. and that's exactly what I needed.

The fireworks slicer is a bit harder to figure out, but you can slice a lot better with it (if you need to) so I'm going to keep both.

Thanks again