hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Cirtex down again
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Cirtex down again

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Cirtex down again

Cirtex down again...7:17am EDT.

Am now seriously looking to switch. There comes a time when its just too much downtime and too many reasons.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I'm pretty sure he's trying to make it up as soon as possible.

Old
Retired Moderator

I am definitely sure it will be up ASAP!

Sponsored Links
Old
Community Leader

I believe it is an FDC problem, a few hosts are down.

Old
Build It Better!

A host can only be as good as the datacenter they use...

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, it was caused by our datacenter and we had no control over it.

If you're interested in a refund or leaving us, please contact billing or helpdesk.

You can go to http://www.fdcservers.net/vbulletin/...=&threadid=185 for more info on the downtime.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience

We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
A host can only be as good as the datacenter they use...
Yes, correct.

And you've mentioned it many times already in the past, I've taken a note of that, thanks

Old
Disabled

Quote:
it was caused by our datacenter and we had no control over it.
Actually I disagree. Every host chooses the datacenter they want to use to host other peoples' sites.

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Yes thats correct, many other hosts were also affected and were down with us this morning.

Again, zaid2001, if you're a current customer, please let us know so we can refund you so you can move on.

Cheers

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by blue27
Actually I disagree. Every host chooses the datacenter they want to use to host other peoples' sites.
Yes, i agree with you on that and every host have the option to choose their own datacenter, and there are many out there to choose from.

But what i was trying to point out was that there was nothing wrong with our server, on our side, but rather the datacenter (FDC).

Old
Web Hosting Master

Maybe you should look into getting your servers at theplanet or rackshack for now on. Don't they offer the same features? Yes, they may be more expensive, but it is worth the extra $30/month or whatever it is.

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by dbbrock1
Maybe you should look into getting your servers at theplanet or rackshack for now on. Don't they offer the same features? Yes, they may be more expensive, but it is worth the extra $30/month or whatever it is.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take it into considerations.

EDIT: Note, FDC isnt cheaper than RS or Noc, as their cheapest plan is $100 + $45 month for CPanel.

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoobastank68
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take it into considerations.

EDIT: Note, FDC isnt cheaper than RS or Noc, as their cheapest plan is $100 + $45 month for CPanel.

Then shouldn't they be providing you a better service?

Old
Build It Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobastank68
But what i was trying to point out was that there was nothing wrong with our server, on our side, but rather the datacenter (FDC).
Perhaps your clients are different than the majority, however from what I have seen at WHT most clients could care less about the reasons they can't access their sites. They hold the host responsible anyway.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobastank68
Perhaps your clients are different than the majority, however from what I have seen at WHT most clients could care less about the reasons they can't access their sites. They hold the host responsible anyway.

I have noticed this as well with a lot of people. Even when a logical, sincere apology is posted by the host that the issue was beyond their control due to DC or a telco DS3 or whatever being interupted for one reason or another. People go off on a rampage about their host and badmouth them when they don't truely understand that NO host or it's owners are bulletproof when it comes to things outside their realm of operations. So these people come here, badmouth a host(s) and then others read those threads and get the wrong impression of a host who may truely be working nonstop and without sleep to remedy the situation the best he/she can.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted