Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cirtex down again

Cirtex down again...7:17am EDT.

Am now seriously looking to switch. There comes a time when its just too much downtime and too many reasons.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure he's trying to make it up as soon as possible.
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!
      0 Not allowed!

I am definitely sure it will be up ASAP!
      0 Not allowed!

I believe it is an FDC problem, a few hosts are down.
      0 Not allowed!

A host can only be as good as the datacenter they use...
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, it was caused by our datacenter and we had no control over it.

If you're interested in a refund or leaving us, please contact billing or helpdesk.

You can go to http://www.fdcservers.net/vbulletin/...=&threadid=185 for more info on the downtime.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    A host can only be as good as the datacenter they use...
    Yes, correct.

And you've mentioned it many times already in the past, I've taken a note of that, thanks
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
      0 Not allowed!

it was caused by our datacenter and we had no control over it.
    Actually I disagree. Every host chooses the datacenter they want to use to host other peoples' sites.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes thats correct, many other hosts were also affected and were down with us this morning.

Again, zaid2001, if you're a current customer, please let us know so we can refund you so you can move on.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Actually I disagree. Every host chooses the datacenter they want to use to host other peoples' sites.
    Yes, i agree with you on that and every host have the option to choose their own datacenter, and there are many out there to choose from.

But what i was trying to point out was that there was nothing wrong with our server, on our side, but rather the datacenter (FDC).
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe you should look into getting your servers at theplanet or rackshack for now on. Don't they offer the same features? Yes, they may be more expensive, but it is worth the extra $30/month or whatever it is.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dbbrock1
    Maybe you should look into getting your servers at theplanet or rackshack for now on. Don't they offer the same features? Yes, they may be more expensive, but it is worth the extra $30/month or whatever it is.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take it into considerations.

EDIT: Note, FDC isnt cheaper than RS or Noc, as their cheapest plan is $100 + $45 month for CPanel.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take it into considerations.

EDIT: Note, FDC isnt cheaper than RS or Noc, as their cheapest plan is $100 + $45 month for CPanel.

Then shouldn't they be providing you a better service?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoobastank68
    But what i was trying to point out was that there was nothing wrong with our server, on our side, but rather the datacenter (FDC).
    Perhaps your clients are different than the majority, however from what I have seen at WHT most clients could care less about the reasons they can't access their sites. They hold the host responsible anyway.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoobastank68
    Perhaps your clients are different than the majority, however from what I have seen at WHT most clients could care less about the reasons they can't access their sites. They hold the host responsible anyway.

I have noticed this as well with a lot of people. Even when a logical, sincere apology is posted by the host that the issue was beyond their control due to DC or a telco DS3 or whatever being interupted for one reason or another. People go off on a rampage about their host and badmouth them when they don't truely understand that NO host or it's owners are bulletproof when it comes to things outside their realm of operations. So these people come here, badmouth a host(s) and then others read those threads and get the wrong impression of a host who may truely be working nonstop and without sleep to remedy the situation the best he/she can.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com