Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by intellec
    They should have their own forum section (i.e. Free, <$5 per month, <$50 per year) . Many of the serious hard working web hosts do not want to play in that pool.
    We have already tried to do that to an extent, by changing the layout of the 'Advertising Forums' a few weeks ago. As I am sure you have noticed from surfing the site, we now have 'Paid' and 'Free / Sponsored' sections, to help split up the requests and offers into relevant categories.

It's already been said, but we have always been and will continue to be open to suggestions. The new layout for the ad forums was based on just that - user feedback, many months of it

Originally posted by relledge
    That seems to be the question of the day. Maybe we need to plan a WHT party somewhere!
    Kansas City ?
    Masterpiece Barbeque - yummy
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

That seems to be the question of the day. Maybe we need to plan a WHT party somewhere!
    How about you get behind the Atlanta hosting summit? Lots of people already signed up and we have a few people from the UK coming over - could be a good one

( http://www.webhostingsummit.com/ )
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by Rochen
    We have already tried to do that to an extent, by changing the layout of the 'Advertising Forums' a few weeks ago. As I am sure you have noticed from surfing the site, we now have 'Paid' and 'Free / Sponsored' sections, to help split up the requests and offers into relevant categories.

It's already been said, but we have always been and will continue to be open to suggestions. The new layout for the ad forums was based on just that - user feedback, many months of it
    Yes. I have seen it. Having the FREE area is good. It gets rid of some of the thread disturbance (noise) for webhosts looking for a profit. Hopefully in the future, the PAID 99 cents a month hosts can be separated from the $9.95 per month hosts. Maybe DirtCheap Hosts.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Congrats iNet
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

congrats

Originally posted by intellec
    I notice that you have TheWebhostDirectory.com and HostingCatalog.com as part of the iNet portfolio. It appears that these sites have not been updated recently (they may have stopped after the Atlanta thing). Would those two web hosting info portals be incorporated into webhostingtalk.com as an additional advertising source for the HSPs here? It looks like it could drive in some additional revenue and add some credibility to the webhosting offers in this forum.
    You are correct in that those two sites have not had any attention. Actually, we haven't formally launched TheWebhosstDirectory.com yet, and HostingCatalog.com is currently undergoing a complete overhaul.

We are kicking around several ideas on creating a web hosting portal site which we hope will compliment WHT very well. We have a lot of options with some of the sites and domain names that we have. When we do launch it, we hope to have a resource that web hosting enthusiasts will enjoy and that people wanting truly unbiased information will find useful. Of course, we will keep you all posted as to the developments, but it is a work in progress. With the addition of WHT to our network, as well as some other sites that we are closing on, our hands are quite full at the moment, as I am sure you can imagine. But we will definitely want your feedback in development of all of our web hosting related sites.

More on this in the months to come!

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    How about you get behind the Atlanta hosting summit? Lots of people already signed up and we have a few people from the UK coming over - could be a good one

( http://www.webhostingsummit.com/ )
    We will definitely look into having a presence at the summit! Definitely a great chance for the WHT community to hook up in person!

Damn Ryan and Gabriel, can't saything but *AWESOME*.. First you guys acquired HotScripts (site that I visit like 10 times a day) and now you guys got hold of Web Hosting Talk (lol.. I visit here like 50 times a day).. and now I am hearing you will be getting ispcheck and more.. WoW.. keep up great work man..

Well can't welcome you at webhostingtalk.com cuz it might be like welcoming you in your own home.. however can for sure say that it will be fun playing with hotscripts and more

<<<Signatures need to be set up in your profile>>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 09-13-2003 at 02:46 AM.
    Software Devil

Thanks NeedScripts! We think we have pretty good taste in sites

We think we have pretty good taste in sites
    No doubt about that.. good financial backing and good taste of sites is a wonderful thing in business.

And I truely hope that guys will be able to keep up with

1) dnforums.com
    2) HotScripts and HotScripts Forum
    3) WebHostingTalk.com

at the same time. Cuz I personally feel, if you can then it would be a good thing, however if you can't then it can turn into wildfire

Seems like you guys have done wonderful job by taking care of hotscripts and I am sure you will do a great job with WHT too

Need Scripts
    Software Devil

I agree hotscripts is great. I get most of my hits to payment ratio through hotscripts

Tomorrow when you come to WHT you will not see anything different. The layout is not going to change … the colors are not going to change …
    iNET Interactive
    I hope the colors don't change like they did in hotscripts.com. I used to go to hotscripts on a regular basis but now the colours hurt my eyes so I rarely go there.

Welcome aboard iNET crew. Sure you guys will get addicted to WHT like a lot of us are. After sifting through some of the crappy posts, its quite a nice place.

I. . . As Robert indicated in his post, I, and the rest of the iNET staff, are very interested in learning what, if anything, else you would like to see incorporated to this site . . .
    You might want to look very hard at the Advertising Forums, and ask whether you want to continue providing free promotion to every man and his dog. IMO, something drastic needs to be done to get rid of the kiddy hosts with their $2/yr plans. I say that you should charge hosts a fee to post down there. It would hopefully filter out the kiddies and open up another stream of revenue for you.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Aussie Bob,

You are my hero!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    You might want to look very hard at the Advertising Forums, and ask whether you want to continue providing free promotion to every man and his dog. IMO, something drastic needs to be done to get rid of the kiddy hosts with their $2/yr plans. I say that you should charge hosts a fee to post down there. It would hopefully filter out the kiddies and open up another stream of revenue for you.

Pretty good idea. Something definantly needs to be done with the advertising forums.

Yep, the amount of rubbish in there seems to put most of the reputable hosts off even visiting those sections.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    ...the amount of rubbish in there seems to put most of the reputable hosts off even visiting those sections.
    Not true! &nbsp;&nbsp; I go over there now and then when I need a good belly-laugh! &nbsp;&nbsp;

Let me also take this opportunity to welcome the iNET Team to WHT! May the future be rosey for one and all!

Originally posted by Stable
    I believe that WHT hast the ability to reform the hosting industry and it would be a shame to not take advantage of the vast opportunities.
    Click your heals and repeat to yourself.. WHT does not represent the entire hosting industry.. WHT does not represent the entire hosting industry.. WHT does not represent the entire hosting industry

Hm... the moderator is unfamiliar...

Originally posted by ozzie123
    Hm... the moderator is unfamiliar...

What? Who? Where?

Hello to the new owners I remember when Matt had WHT it grew ...... then it was bought .....and grew .....and bought ...and lol its like watching a kid grow up .and makes you feel old
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Welcome to WHT, fellas. I look forward to seeing... no changes

nice idea... and a copa reg form

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast