Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wink Where?

Gabs

Where is the announcement that you also bought ispcheck.com and yaxay.com ?

Hi Mike:

We have yet to announce those acquisitions at this time, as they were seperate transactions altogether. There are also other acquisitions we have completed from various sellers that we have yet to have announce as well.

It is strange that when it rains, it does infact, pour! We will be announcing other acquistions that we have completed sometime next week.

Gabs = Gabriel, or s = riel

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am determined to win you over.
    Last edited by Gabriel Murphy; 09-12-2003 at 01:46 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------
    WHT owner once upon a time....
    http://www.gabrielmurphy.com

Will Chicken return?

congrats
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Stable,

Both your ideas have merit! I think it would be a worthwhile project to set some suggested guidelines. Maybe as things settle down we can build a taskforce!

And the autoresponder idea speaks for itself

Thanks much Lonny.

I think we talked at one time or another about working together on something. I hope everything is going well for you, as you have a very nice group of portals. Congrats to you as well.

As far as chicken goes, that is really not my decision. I am ignorant as to the depature of chicken and the circumstances related thereto. This is a good question for the moderators.
    -------------------------------------------------
    WHT owner once upon a time....
    http://www.gabrielmurphy.com

Originally posted by Angel78
    Will Chicken return?
    Chicken has his own forum these days HostHideout.com
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Originally posted by Stable
    Only one change I would like to see and WHT has the ability to get it done. Every 2-3 months there are posts about coming up with regulations for webhosts to follow. I would love to see WHT come up with a set of standards of what they think is overselling(maybe with input from moderators and a couple of other hosts). Once the guide to what would be considered overselling has been created, we should see the end of the $2 hosts because they would no longer be allowed to post their crazy oversold packages here or offer them to people that request them. Overselling is bad for everyone, eliminating this would only make things better and bring some stability back to the webhosting industry. I think the Teenagers have destablized it for long enough!

OK, actually one more thing - How about a script that automatically follows up any posts that request free hosting services with another post telling them to go get a job!
    this probably won't happen and is a whole other thread in itself - feel free to open a new topic if you want to discuss this, but i will put in my 2 cents here - If you can't compete with "$2 host" then don't try - simple as that. Each host is different - look at RS (using as an example because it's easy) - $99/servers but no guaranteed support. Then take a look at any other provider - same server setup would cost upwards of $200 but you get support. I know it's not over-selling but I think you get my point . As said, feel free to opena new thread if you want to continue discussing this

RE Chicken: He left for his own reasons - if he wants to come back no one is stopping him.

Btw, Ryan has guaranteed moderators a 200% increase in pay plus a bonus - so chicken: COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as changes go - almost all the changes since chicken left (when I became a mod) were inputs from members/mods - RS had very little to do with the changes that were made. I know Ryan will continue this, so if you have suggestions for changes - feel free to start a new thread and they'll be considered - unless there's already a thread on the subject, in which case just post your thoughts there

And finally - welcome Ryan et al. Like somebody else said - when RS bought the forums, they grew (and rapidly) - I know Ryan's team will bring growth to WHT as well - but in reality it's us regular members that make WHT what it is. Keep posting - it doesn't matter who owns WHT - only who posts here

Re: Fantastic News - New WHT Partner

And I, for one, welcome our new iNET overlords

Well said, akash!

I'm curious as heck as to how much WHT was sold for. I know you won't say, but any hints??

Maybe Robert sold it for just shares in iNET.

*ducks*
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I'm curious as heck as to how much WHT was sold for. I know you won't say, but any hints??
    $2. Robert chased after Ryan on his bike continually shouting, "I want my $2".

err...wait, that might have been better off dead .

I think around $200,000

Originally posted by akash

Btw, Ryan has guaranteed moderators a 200% increase in pay plus a bonus - so chicken: COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lets see... 200% * 0 = 0. Sorry .

I think Stable mentioned it but I'd like to try to find a way to recover the Webhosting industry from many, many teenagers running web hosting services from their bedrooms after school.

Whilst many of them can do a good job there are too many that don't

Don't get me wrong I don't believe everyone should be a big host. I'm just me and my partner running ours but at least I've been dealing with webservers, design and hosting since 1996. And a full time job since I graduated in 1999 (I didn't offer and commerical hosting till after I graduated!)

I don't know how it could be done but perhaps a we could add a rating system instead of outright banning the names so when someone post a name of a host it can be linked to a comments / rating page. Obviously you would have to allow the host the right of reply too.

</rant>

Hey Ryan,

congrats on new buy. where is our party ?

CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

That seems to be the question of the day. Maybe we need to plan a WHT party somewhere!

Well,

I, too, would like to welcome the inet bunch!

And I, too, cannot help but wonder how much money Robert made just now before our very eyes
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Welcome, you made a good choice

Originally posted by relledge
    That seems to be the question of the day. Maybe we need to plan a WHT party somewhere!
    After things get settled down we can do a "WHT" get together early next year maybe?

IMHO, Chicken would always be welcome back, but any mod chages are typically left to the current mods. Also, it would be up to Chicken as he runs his own forums now, plus he has Chicken Nuggett. I talked with him a while back on an issue important to both sites, and he is happy doing what he is doing.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

He was a GREAT asset for WHt to have had.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

No doubt, the great chicken will always be missed.

Now I would also like to see a WHTcon, be kinda nice.

Congrats to the new owners. WHT is a pretty hot web property these days. I remember starting a thread 7 short months ago about WHT hitting 30,000 members. It's now well over 45,000 members.

50% growth in less than 7 months...not too shabby, I'd say...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by relledge
    And, let me assure each and everyone here, it is iNET's sole desire to continue operating WebhostingTalk AS IS and merely provide assistance in helping continue its growth that it has been experiencing. As Robert indicated in his post, I, and the rest of the iNET staff, are very interested in learning what, if anything, else you would like to see incorporated to this site. At this time, we just love the site and are privileged to be a part of it.
    iNet folks (KC Chiefs fans), welcome to webhostingtalk. I'm surprised that it sold so quickly after being purchased. But, you can never turn down a good offer or opportunity whether it be a straight cash, equity, and/or earn-out deal.

I notice that you have TheWebhostDirectory.com and HostingCatalog.com as part of the iNet portfolio. It appears that these sites have not been updated recently (they may have stopped after the Atlanta thing). Would those two web hosting info portals be incorporated into webhostingtalk.com as an additional advertising source for the HSPs here? It looks like it could drive in some additional revenue and add some credibility to the webhosting offers in this forum.

As others have mentioned, it would be beneficial to have standards for requests and offers. There are lots of low-ball offers and requests here. They should have their own forum section (i.e. Free, <$5 per month, <$50 per year) . Many of the serious hard working web hosts do not want to play in that pool.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast