New to reselling! What should I charge them?

Hey peeps! I am new to selling so I need some good advice... I have a package of $40 per month and I get 4 GB Disk Space and 40 GB of bandwidth... below are the hosting prices I came up with.. please comment/modify them as you see fit... I understand the idea of "overselling" since people won't use the full disk space and bandwidth they are given, but the idea just makes me a little nervous... tell me what you think I should do...

Virtual Package: 1
    $10/month
    300 MB Disk Space
    5 GB Bandwidth
    UNLIMITED FTP, EMAIL, SQL, SUBDOMAINS

Virtual Package: 2
    $15/month
    800 MB Disk Space
    8 GB Bandwidth

Virtual Package: 3
    $25/month
    1.5 GB Disk Space
    12 GB Bandwidth

So what do you think? I know the prices sound kind of steep, but what can I offer when I am already paying $40 a month? I guess "overselling" may be the key to making the money, but I am so new to this that I find myself confused... thanks...

They don't sound steep at all. Each host has their level of service and pricing that they provide. I think your prices are fine and give you the ability for growth in the future.

cool thanks man! I made those package prices with no idea of "overselling" in mind... someone put yourself in my shoes.. would just take the chance and up the bandwidth/disk space on each package keeping in mind that the customers probably won't use the disk space and bandwidth I gave them?? Which is more reasonable to raise: disk space or bandwidth? Maybe if I raised the bandwidth on each package 3 more GB, it would look like a much better deal... thanks for the help bro and if anyone else could post their comments/modifications it would be much appreciated! thanks...

good luck with your new business.
    ◊ James | sales@vnpixel.com |
    ◊ aim: vnpixel • msn: support@vnpixel.com • yahoo: vn_pixel
    ◊ http://www.vnpixel.com

Raising things a little bit is up to you, but I like to hear that you don't oversell and don't want to. I do think that raising it 3 GB would make things just a little more interesting for people and you would still be making plenty of profit.

thanks for the replies guys! I have been looking into the reselling idea for quite a bit now and the I think I have a decent grip on how I can setup my prices... now, I am more or less looking into advertising... I went to ispcheck.com and tried to understand how it all worked... where would I go to advertise my site/packages?? I heard of kanoodle.com and ispcheck.com, but I am so new to this that I don't know much of where to go to...any ideas of where to advertise? I'm just curious on if I will actually get customers and what kind of consumers I should target... I was thinking adult, then I thought business... I guess I am still a little confused... lol... let me know and thanks for the replies!

Your prices sound reasonable, as long as you're going to be reliable, and your customers can ask you questions then it'll be worth their money.