Thread: wBlades

Question wBlades

Hi all,

We, at Inter.Net Spain, have a product called vBlades. Basically these are a virtual Unix machines running in one FreeBSD box.
    Parts of the filesystem tree is copied to the users vBlade, system config is maintained by us, user config is maintained by the end-user. This makes it possible to run multiple "seperate OS's" dedicated to one customer and the customer can install whatever they want, reboot their vBlade at will, etc, etc.
    Works cool on Unix. Now we want the Windows version of this.
    The only option i can think of (at the moment) is Citrix. From what i understand Citrix is an application server and i don't know if this solution will be as flexible as the Unix variant.
    Has anyone ever built a system like this and what did you use?

Thanks,

Ton.

I think you are on the wrong track here. Citrix is used for providing end users with a desktop or one or more published applications from a server. It does not provide the users with their own virtual servers, the installed applications and file system is available to all users (if not restricted).

vmware.com provides virtual machine software for windows (and linux), I also know there is some other company providing vm software espesially buildt for web resellers.

- Ole Kristian

You'll have to look to the products of VMware.
    Vmware GSX of vmware esx server will fit your needs.

regards,

Berdt

Another option would be Virtuozzo from the makers of the Plesk control panel, http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/v...virtualization

- Ole Kristian