hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions : Warnings

Forum Jump

Warnings

Reply Post New Thread In WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2001, 08:18 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Angry

Warnings

How about people started to get warnings when they comment negatively on an offer in the Advertising forum? Currently there are several offers where people just have to point out something wrong with the service/product being offered.

If I want to pay 1000 $ for 20 MB and 1 GB of monthly transfer then let me decide for myself and don't tell that the person/company offering this is a scam or you can get it cheaper at another place.

When you see an ad in the newspaper do you then also see that the newspaper states below the ad that you can get it cheaper at X company? (I know people don't pay to post here)

It's starting to get really annoying to read comments like these and I would be really angry and dissapointed at the people "dissing" an offer I had made.

Please just show a little respect whether it's a competitor or not.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2001, 10:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

Doing what you said may be a violation of the forum guidelines. Please report any post by a company (link inside the actual offending post) that 'steps on the toes' of an ad in the advertising thread you start. We'll see it eventually, but it helps us if you immediately bring it to our attention.

We do allow members to comment on advertising discussions, and if this is the case, you should just ignore the advice you do not wish to follow. Sometimes people are just trying to help.

Chicken

Old 08-17-2001, 06:26 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

So you aren't annoyed if I report the post if I feel the original offer is being bashed?

I will of course use common sense since the feedback is often essential for the company offering the service/product before they can close any orders.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2001, 08:21 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicken
We do allow members to comment on advertising discussions, and if this is the case, you should just ignore the advice you do not wish to follow. Sometimes people are just trying to help.
Chicken is right, in fact I personally have been able to find 2 good Hosts offering reseller plans only with the help of other hosts commenting(good or bad) on the offer. So I find it very helpful for me with the other hosts/members comments.

Of course, when you are around these boards for some time, you will know who really are helpful, be it good or bad it doesn't really matters much to me, the most important is... how that Host handle the situations and how tactful they are... will reflect their reputation with prospective clients/resellers.

Just my views

Old 08-17-2001, 09:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

First, just to clarifiy...

We do not allow other hosts to bash their competitors' threads in the Advertising Forum. Not only is it just plain rude and in poor taste, but it also isn't fair to the person posting the ad. That said, we are not going to save anyone from making wild claims. If you post an offer, you should be able to back that offer up (in a professional manner). I don't consider questions and discussion to always be bashing.

Quote:
Originally posted by WZS
So you aren't annoyed if I report the post if I feel the original offer is being bashed?
I just replied to someone who apologizaed for reporting a post (as many members do). As I wrote them...

You don't have to apologize for the reports. Personally, I'd rather have a group of members that care 'too much' and point out things they see they'd like us to look at, then a member base that relies solely on the moderators to catch everything. Due to this being a rather busy forum, that would be quite difficult. If we don't see a problem, we simply delete the report, nothing lost.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you've spotted something you think we should keep an eye on. We look at every report and make a decision about the post, or at least a mental note to watch the thread/member, etc.

Chicken

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google, Microsoft Create Algorithm to Block Child Abuse Search Terms Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 14:59:58
cPanel Addresses User Concerns of Transfer and Backup Restore System Security Web Hosting News 2013-05-24 10:13:44
Brands Pay Up to Protect Trademarks Ahead of New gTLD Release Web Hosting News 2013-03-27 15:26:55
UK Web Host The Bunker Names Sales and Marketing Director Web Hosting News 2012-10-01 10:56:16
Half of UK Firms Failing to Heed Security Breach Warnings, says Bunker Study Web Hosting News 2012-06-13 14:47:51