Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server4You here I come

Hello all I just signed up for Server4You and I'll give a very detailed explination of the sign up process and my expirience through it. I'll also use this thread to list my expirience over the week/months.

09-08-2003 (1:49 p.m. CST) - Signed up (Dual Power Server with Plesk)

Questions:

1) What's the monthly cost? Any additional fees that you see? (Taxes, etc)
    2) What was the setup cost?
    3) Did you pay yearly or monthly?

#1 $114/month
    #2 $149
    #3 Monthly

It surprises me nobody round here has signed up for reseller status and started offering discounted deals. The intrest is certainly there to warrant it. I'd do it myself if I didn't know I was starting a career that involves a lot of travelling in about 2 months time.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

I'm thinking about it

Originally posted by Tazzman
    It surprises me nobody round here has signed up for reseller status and started offering discounted deals. The intrest is certainly there to warrant it. I'd do it myself if I didn't know I was starting a career that involves a lot of travelling in about 2 months time.

I have checked into it, there reseller status is a little flaky it seems based not on total purchases but per type purchases..

If you have one of each server, you do not get a discount base on having 3 servers on your next purchase.. Discount is based purely on number of servers within that bracket.

The discount is also not something you have to sign up for, its automatic..

The good side.. It doesnt seem to be limited to sales to clients.. So on your second DualPower server you only pay a $99 setup

Well I still haven't recieved my server so today I tried to login to the power panel to see if my server was up. When I logged in I got the nice message which is the picture I attached. Remember this is when I first logged in heh.

If I read that right the overage is $1.95/GB and it's billed in 50GB increments

picture attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails server4you.jpg  

Originally posted by dk2
    picture attached

good stuff... tehe

Alright now that is professional!

What did you try doing? Or was it right away when you logged in?

Right when I logged in heh, guess cause I logged in and don't have a server setup yet heh.

SO was your server easy to set up?

dunno....haven't gotten it yet, but apparently they added me to the power panel

Keep on commenting - very interest on learning about this.

Re: Server4You here I come

Originally posted by dk2
    09-08-2003 (1:49 p.m. CST) - Signed up (Dual Power Server with Plesk)
    Allright here is some updated info:

09-09-2003 (9:35 a.m. CST) - Phone Confirmation of the order

09-10-2003 (5:26 p.m. CST) - Still no server.

Well after all this waiting I contacted server4you's tech support to try and get some answers and here is what I got:

Welcome to SERVER4YOU. Please hold, while we connect you to the next available assistant.
    All operators are currently busy assisting other customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    All operators are currently busy assisting other customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with 'Dave'
    Dave: Hi Ross, how can I help you?
    Ross Hosman: hello
    Ross Hosman: I ordered my server a while ago and I still haven't gotten an email about it being setup
    Ross Hosman: hello?
    Dave: sorry, I was away for a minute
    Dave: can you give me some of the account information, for example an order confirmation number?
    Ross Hosman: I never got an order confirmation number
    Ross Hosman: matt called and phone verified my order tho
    Dave: ok, let me check
    Ross Hosman: so what do you need
    Dave: did you place the order under the name hosman?
    Ross Hosman: yes
    Dave: ok, I'm going to need another minute to find out why the server hasn't been set up
    Ross Hosman: okay
    Dave: ok sorry to keep you waiting so long
    Dave: you should have gotten an email when you placed your order explaining g that we are having a couple problems at the moment, one is a technical problem with our administrative software, and the other is a delivery problem
    Dave: I thought they had cleared up the server problem, but we will still need a couple days to get the new servers
    Ross Hosman: then cancel my order and do not charge my card
    Dave: our billing department will need an email confirmation from you to cancel the account
    Ross Hosman: there is no account to cancel
    Dave: please send the request to billing@server4you.com
    Ross Hosman: you guys did not follow up on your end of the bargin
    Ross Hosman: have you guys charged my account yet?
    Dave: no, we haven't, but they still need direct confirmation from you to cancel the order.
    Ross Hosman: how long would setup time be if I continued to wait
    Dave: we will have new servers ready on Monday
    Ross Hosman: are you guys offering any discounts for those of us who wait until monday?
    Dave: no, they haven't authorized any discount for that
    Ross Hosman: so your guy's instant setup has turned into a week setup correct?
    Dave: just for this week, after that it will be back to same day setup
    Ross Hosman: ya right, thanks for your help, just sent the cancellation email

wow...

poor server4you.
    -I know what you knew-

Well as they say cheap you get what you pay for try a better company like I use servermatrix. Server ordered on friday setup 25 hours later on saturday. If they have a problem this week they will probaly always have problems just my personal experience. And from what I hear alot of people are having the same problem with server4you so obviously instant setup means nothing to them. Just means we will instantly accept your money and build server at our pleasure.

I would go with servermatrix but they only offer cpanel (uck)

Hey why not cpanel only some bugs in it lolllll

Okay here we go:

I decided to keep the server since it's in St. Louis and I'm in St. Louis.

I contacted support today to find out when my server would be up (yes I've been waiting for over a week). Apparently it was setup yesterday, they didn't send me any emails notifying me. I log into the panel and try to connect to plesk on my server, not working. Try to ssh to my server, connection refused. So here we go I just submitted a support ticket.

LOL, you're having about as much luck with server4you as I'm having with iracks. Full story to follow later today...
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast