hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Good Colo @ HE In Fremont

Forum Jump

Good Colo @ HE In Fremont

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Good Colo @ HE In Fremont

Hey All,
Have mostly been lurking here but decided to post to see what kinds of experience people have had in the HE Datacenter in Fremont......

Also, which reseller would you recommend for a fairly low commit, ~1mbs/monthly. I have tried e-mailing AlaskanWolf over @ fastcolocation.net, but the e-mails go unanswered. Does anyone have any other contacts over @ HE? Thanks,

Peter M.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

he.net @ fremont is a great dc with very fast and reliable network.

contact Asia on this forum. icq 123487278.
he got great sevices at great prices.

Old
Web Hosting Master

HE is average network. Their support is good though. If you compare them to L3 and so, they're no where near it lactency and throughput wise.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

HE.net is definitely well above "average". its not really close to level3 in size and i'd say it does not have the best pings to the east coast and europe. however its very good to the west coast and asia/pacific. there is rarely a "he.net down" story. as of the support imho a network is only as good as the people who operate it so good support means a lot.
i believe he.net is ranked among the tops of the nation.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Re: Good Colo @ HE In Fremont

Hello Peter,

Quote:
Originally posted by e12pilot
I have tried e-mailing AlaskanWolf over @ fastcolocation.net, but the e-mails go unanswered.
As far as your experience with fastcolocation, you are not alone:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=175778

Quote:
Does anyone have any other contacts over @ HE?
I've been in contact with a few who offer colocation at HE Fremont. Aside from fastcolocation, Asia is often suggested. I have not, however, conducted business with him as far as purchasing of services go.

My wisest suggestion would be to search the forums for HE, you'll find at least 7-8 providers who would be more than happy to assist you with your low commit. That way you will have a few to select from. The ones I've been in contact with have their good and bad sides, ultimately I did not choose any of them. For that reason, I am not listing them.

Richard

Old
Web Hosting Guru

I've been using Sitelutions Fremont colo (he.net) for about 2 months now. Service and support to this date has been excellent.

Old
Junior Guru

I have looked around at many providers selling HE colocation and I have found that Asia from Rack4less is the best. Also Sitelutions is pretty good but they are a little more expensive.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Don't forget that I represent He.net on these boards. :-)

Reid Fishler
rfishler@he.net
he.net

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Reid,
I actually submitted a request for a quote a couple of hours ago directly on HE.net's web-site, still waiting for the reply. Thanks,

Peter

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Your going to get a very high quote for just 1mbps, I think they do it because they prefer dealing with bigger ammounts and not sell 1 server at a time, not that i blame them for it.
From my personal experience with HE's datacenter thru Asia, i can say that both have been doing great for over a month now, the bandwidth is good, and the support (from Asia) is quick.

Old
Account Disabled

Hi All

If anyone has been trying to get ahold of me for the last 14 days, I was out out town on my once a year vaction in the alaskan wilderness hitting it up with the local wildlife

I am getting back into the swing of things and will be responding to all my emails over the next few days that have got unanswered, you can also reemail me @ info@fastcolocation.net if you got questions

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Hmm.. Is this one man company??? so who is handling the support while you are away ??

Old

I have a few racks at HE.net. I love the place, especially fremont! The techs are awesome. They know their stuff, and they are quite funny as well. They cater to my needs, and give me great laughs while they're at it.

I would not recommend dealing directly with HE.net, as you will not be paying for a lot of space. As you know, resellers buy a ton of space and can give you lower prices for smaller solutions.

I would recommend going with argon blue. They resell HE.net bandwidth and colocation.
http://www.argonblue.com/products.colo.php

I think it's a $50 setup fee, and $18/month/1U

1 mbit would cost you ~$100/month + above prices.

(800) 710-8004 x1 for sales
or deal with my buddy jason at x401

I don't work there, by the way .

Old
Junior Guru

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

A friendly word of advice -- when choosing a reseller, you may want to do some research, see how long they've been in business, and make sure they're not overselling by major amounts or overcrowding their rack space.

Since HE Fremont's default is 15A per rack, you've really gotta be careful with power :-).

Old
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Eiv
Hmm.. Is this one man company??? so who is handling the support while you are away ??
Nope, however, i handle sales and billing, we have 1 sys admin on staff and 4 techs that handle tickets.

Because of our structure for both dedicated and colocation customers, we dont really need any techs "on site" at the NOC. Customers of ours call the NOC directly 24x7 for any basic support, of they cant call, they email. One thing we offer that others dont is a toll free support number

We try keep as low overhead as possible, because low overhead means lower prices. We are one of HE's largest resellers in terms of colocation services. We have quite a few customers in both hosting and colocation. Many people on WHT have servers/services with us and they enjoy the service, just do a search

Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 09-12-2003 at 12:17 AM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DL Host Listing 2014-01-23 21:09:53
Demand Media Reports Registrar Gains Despite Overall Net Losses in Q3 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-08 16:50:56
Internap Gives Colocation Customers Cloud-like Control with New Unified Portal Web Hosting News 2013-04-24 15:16:26
Colo Atl Expands Atlanta Data Center to Meet Growth Web Hosting News 2013-03-07 14:38:01
Internap Survey Finds Organizations Want Cloud-like Control in Colo Environments Web Hosting News 2013-02-14 09:34:25