Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Compady Going Out of Business

Recived this a few minutes ago:

----- Original Message -----
    To: <compady@compady.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 8:41 AM
    Subject: IMPORTANT: READ IMMEDIATELY (REGARDING SERVERS)

> Hello, I am sad to say that Compady is having to leave the dedicated server
    > business due to recent events that were not Compady's error. All clients
    > are being handed over to NectarTECH and if you wish to have your service
    > continued you MUST email them TODAY with your IP and they will give you
    > information you need to make that decision. This is the only way for your
    > service to be uninterrupted. I do apologize for all of these issues but
    > they have been out of my hands. I wish you all the best of luck and
    > sincerely hope everything works out for you and encourage you to become a
    > direct customer of Nectar which is what the majority of you have clearly
    > showed you have a desire of doing. You can contact them by going to
    > http://www.deskticket.com or emailing support@nectartech.com. Thank you.
    >
    > Compady

As upset as I am with this company, at least they told us what was going on. I suppose that is at least worth a thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

if you wish to have your service
    > continued you MUST email them TODAY with your IP
    Is everybody able to check their email every day? I didn't think so...

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Well, Outlook gets mine once every minute. But I dont actually read it every minute, lol.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mainarea
    Is everybody able to check their email every day? I didn't think so...

- Matt
    Wonder how many people will come back and notice their server is gone after a day or 2

Should've given then at least a week.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Mike told me that he'd leave my server online until the 25th, at which time it would be shut down. That was what we agreed upon. It would allow me time to get my **** off the servers.

I wonder if this has now suddenly been changed. Sent e-mail to Mike, no response yet - but its only been 10 minutes.

FYI: I saved that e-mail, Mike.
      0 Not allowed!

That doesn't say they're going out of business.

Becareful on your choice of words, wouldn't want to be blamed for libel.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

I believe forums are exempt from such claims

Ive got insider information that dell ,compaq and ibm are doing outa business within the week - some kinda fraud LOL
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm still no response from Mike or NectarTech. I hope they are just watching a football game or something.

If my server disappears, Mike - all bets are off. That is all I am saying.
      0 Not allowed!

Web sites/Forums are of no exception to the law. The poster is held liable for what he or she does.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

What about the posters parents? are they liable??
      0 Not allowed!

I don't have posters, but I have paintings, are they liable as well?

You really gotta love the english language .
      0 Not allowed!

Fine, sue me. It wont be the first time and it probably wont be the last.

Looks like Mike lied again. God Mike, you truely are pathetic, you know that? Why dont you stop hiding and tell me what the hell is going on?

http://www.deskticket.com/ticketview...el@comcast.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kkimmel
    Fine, sue me. It wont be the first time and it probably wont be the last.

Looks like Mike lied again. God Mike, you truely are pathetic, you know that? Why dont you stop hiding and tell me what the hell is going on?

Then I saw this from the Compady ticket system. Mike, why are you talking about yourself like you're in the third person? You <edit> crook. You made a promise to keep my server on until the 25th without charge. I am paid through the 10th. That was 15 days without charge.

Fine, if I hustle - I can have my <edit> off there by the 10th. If my server goes offline one minute before midnight on the 10th, rest assured I am going to hunt your <edit> down and deal with you.

You lying bastard.

Mike has responded to your help desk request.

-----------------------------------------------
    (Mike)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Any agreement you may have had with Mike I am assuming would not go through unless he made arangements with Nectar to that regard which I doubt. You will need to contact them about your server and work something out.
    ---------------
    Compady Hosting
    www.compady.com

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you would submit a short rating for this response as part of our satisfaction monitoring.

http://compady.com/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi...key=VFIXS3K2ES

Thank you,
    Compady Hosting

<Keep this free of cussing thanks>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-03-2003 at 07:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Does mike even come here
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )
      0 Not allowed!

When he isnt hiding I think he does.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your registration. You will receive email confirmation of this order. If you need to contact our customer support concerning this order, please provide us with the following code.

Code: K4jKt5YPMjM0Yxv42VcFfpkR

The following domains have been registered and will be placed into your account:

compadysucks.com
    compadyowesmemoney.com
      0 Not allowed!

Dude it's a bad deal and not right, but to cuss him out publicly
    A) It doesn't help
    B) It won't make him refund you any faster, or more willing to help.
    C) Makes you look totally unprofessional.

Sure your gonna sue for 7 days, lol lawyers will laugh at you

I can understand your anger, and trust me I get there too!
    A wise man once told me, take a deep breath, get up walk away from PC, do something (anything) for about 10 Min's, relax then come post after you are thinking clearer

Now, I pass that on to you (my good deed for day)
    Regards,
    Eric

kkimmel

I understand your frustration, but calm down and look at the facts and evaluate your alternatives.

Compady has only paid through today according to the link. Nectar, at this point, has given only two choices. Sign up with them or be shut down at midnight. Whether they will bend any remains to be seen, but as they say they have no obligation to (although I might argue moral obligation). If you can move your sites tonight, then fine. If not, you better bite the bullet and pay for a month at nectar. I know you don't like either of those choices, but you have to choose at this point the lesser of the two evils.

Don't waste more energy screaming, cursing, ranting, and threatening. Instead conserve it and use it to make the best decision you can at this moment and to take action now to protect your sites. Worry about the other issues afterwards.

Just a word of advice to help you do what's best for you tonight.
      0 Not allowed!

kkimmel - What good is registering "CompadySucks.com" if they're going out of business like you state? It's not a warning for others not to buy from them, as your numerous other "sucks" websites do.

Am I correct in assuming that you paid Compady for this month of the server, but Nectar says that they were not paid? If so, just issue a chargeback against Compady, and pay Nectar for the next term.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MainAreaJosh
    Am I correct in assuming that you paid Compady for this month of the server, but Nectar says that they were not paid? If so, just issue a chargeback against Compady, and pay Nectar for the next term.

-Josh
    I paid by corporate check. You can't charge it back and it has already been cashed.

And from what I have heard, Mike plans to continue to attempt to operate his shared hosting services. I am going to see to it that he never gets another customer if I can help it. He can suffer along with me.
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you just pay for a month with Nectar, to give you plenty of time to get things off the server? It seems much more sensible that complaining and rushing things...

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Esr Tek
    Dude it's a bad deal and not right, but to cuss him out publicly
    A) It doesn't help
    B) It won't make him refund you any faster, or more willing to help.
    C) Makes you look totally unprofessional.

Sure your gonna sue for 7 days, lol lawyers will laugh at you
    I normally do my own suing - I dont need lawyers for most of the cases I handle. Contrary to popular belief, you dont need a lawyer to go to court. And I have sued people for less amounts of money and taken it all the way to the circuit court of appeals.

I am not here to be "professional". Thats what you guys (webhosts) are here for. You all can be professional. I'll be honest and realistic. There is usually a difference between the two.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kkimmel
    I normally do my own suing - I dont need lawyers for most of the cases I handle. Contrary to popular belief, you dont need a lawyer to go to court. And I have sued people for less amounts of money and taken it all the way to the circuit court of appeals.
    So how many tens of thousands of dollars of tax payers money have you spent in court cost recooping less amounts than you are owed by compady, which I am guessing cannot be more then a couple of hundred bucks at most?
      0 Not allowed!

Mike at Compady skipped out on last month's bill, too according to Nectar.

Where is my <edit> money you son of a biitch! You insisted that I pay your bills and nows you leave me hanging with your upstream. <edit>. I am going to find you and when I do... (we'll leave this sentance unfinished so that I am not arrested for threatening bodily injury).

Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-03-2003 at 08:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kingpcgeek
    So how many tens of thousands of dollars of tax payers money have you spent in court cost recooping less amounts than you are owed by compady, which I am guessing cannot be more then a couple of hundred bucks at most?
    You might not have heard, but there is this little thing called court costs and the loser gets to pay them. This is in addition to filing fees and other costs. The loser gets to pay those as well, if the plaintiff so requests (I always do) and they are tacked on to the judgement. So if you sue someone for $200.00, that can easily become $500 after all things are tally'd up and submitted.

And regardless of which, I pay taxes every year to support the court system as well as other government services. And I have every right to use them and if you are trying to imply otherwise...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast