Firstly, for those who want a url for the template, go here:
1. It would probably be somewhat slow, as it does use a lot of images, but it won't be too slow. I'd personally use the non-flash version, which would decrease the loading time, and increase the user base that can view your website at the same time - remember, not all people have the flash plugin enabled, e.g. offices.
2. With or without frames, it shouldn't really make a difference as the images would be cached by the browser.
3. There is no need to switch to frames.
4. It would add more code which would mean more to load and positioning may be inconsistant when it is viewed in different browsers.
5. The template could be lighter, and use of images could be decreased. Don't use the flash version, which would increase the levels of usability. Personally, it seems somewhat cluttered imo, I would go for something a little less cramped, but without knowing the nature of the website you want to make, I wouldn't be really able to say much.
<URL is censored for a reason>