Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From conversations I've had with Paul over at foonet, I don't think the datacenter is even in the area. If it is, it sure isn't a huge place as Powell isn't very big, and since the address he gives is a PO Box it's hard to say.

As for Columbus datacenters there are a few, but they are pricey:
    www.ipoutlet.com - I toured this facility and was very impressed, as it is pretty new. Our last quote with them was for a 10x10 cage, 20amps of power, 1mbps of bw, ethernet crossconnect, and it was in the mid 4000s. I have a contact who deals with them who I could put you in contact with, as he gets somewhat better rates since he sends them a lot of business.

www.completeweb.net - one of the bigger and older datacenters, I have never dealt with them personally, but have contacts who have. I've heard good and bad. I'm not even sure they do cages.

If you are interested in a less costly alternative, I also have contacts with ISPs that I could put you in touch with in the area who can work out a deal on colocation. It would be no huge datacenter, but you'd have a great connection for a fraction of the cost.

Switch and Data have a carrier neutral facility in Cleveland.

http://www.switchanddata.com/Locatio...fLocations/601

I've never been, but I'm told it's on par with what I use here in Detroit. I have nothing but good things to say about their service.

As far as IP, I don't know who's currently selling in that building. I would have to see a large commitment to light fiber in that building myself, but I'm sure someone else is already doing it.

If Cleveland is a possiblity, I would be more than happy to pass your info to our Rep.

Robert,

I have been trying to get in touch with you for the last one month now but don't see any replies nor do I see you on AOL. Please contact me ASAP.

- Gaurav
    gaurav @ inwire.net

Robert,

I have been trying to get in touch with you for the last one month now but don't see any replies nor do I see you on AOL. Please contact me ASAP.

- Gaurav
    gaurav @ inwire.net
    I'm sorry. You must have me confused with someone else. I don't do AOL, so I don't know how you could have seen me on AOL.

Robert (Sanders):

The message was for Robert Perault aka djboston. Apologies if I caused confusion
    Regards,

Gaurav Sabharwal
    http://www.inwire.net

Ha!
    it was the direct proximitry to my post that threw me off.

Originally posted by djboston
    Whats wrong with Qwest? There is only one datacenter that I can find in Columbus, Ohio and that Cogent..I don't want anything from cogent...
    Might I ask which provider uses cogent bandwidth?
    We actually have some clients who may be interested if this is a possibility.
    Last I checked cogent's network didn't hit Ohio...

Congent now has a Datacenter in Columbus Ohio
    Symplexity.Net
    Hosting Made Symple!!
    Sales@Symplexity.Net

Spoke with a sales rep there. Interesting :-P

I heard good experience and things about ipoutlet. I'd recommend them over Cogent.

-hc
    TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
    Metro-Boston Affordable Colocation, Dedicated Servers & IP Consulting
    http://www.towardex.com
    inquiry@towardex.com

I would too but for one thing.THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE..$450 PER MBIT..Most of their Bandwidth is Williams Also...it drops to $425 after 10 mbits..Last time I visted the Datacenter..They were empty..They had one rack 1/2 full...

Lets not forget..the three year contract that you have to sign.
    Symplexity.Net
    Hosting Made Symple!!
    Sales@Symplexity.Net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12