hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Best West Color (Los Angeles)

Forum Jump

Best West Color (Los Angeles)

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2003, 12:55 AM
Disabled

Best West Color (Los Angeles)

Hi,

What is the BEST WEST Los Angeles Colo. Can someone point out some few WEST colo in the Los Angeles Area.? I'm looking to colo more SERVER in the Los Angeles. If you know of any please let me know. And I would like some good price..

$100
1U - 500GB/transfer monthly
No setup fee.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hello,
You seems to have asked this question for a numerous time already. here is the 2 answer i could give you. 1) Tenants in the 1 Whitshire building. 2) tenants in the Equinix LA dc.

Old 08-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Community Guide

You will be very hard pressed to find a deal for 500gb for a measely $100 including rackspace and power for colo. You should either bump your price up or your requirements drastically down.

-Steven

Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by insiderhosting
You will be very hard pressed to find a deal for 500gb for a measely $100 including rackspace and power for colo. You should either bump your price up or your requirements drastically down.

-Steven
Well said. I don't think I've ever seen colocation in a reputable datacenter at those rates (and I've seen some amazingly good prices).

Good bandwidth even at wholesale rates is about $50/Mbit. At 500GB, you'd be using 1.5Mbit or so. That means the colo company would be charged $75 for the bandwidth alone, not to mention the space and power. It's just not a profitable proposition for the vast majority of datacenters.

Up your price to $159/month and I think you'd find some takers, though you may still not be colocated on the best bandwidth...

Old 08-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

1mbit sustained is 320gb a month or so. I'm not looking to argue 95th percentile. 500gb would be about 1.5mbit - 2mbit, I think in a good facility you may find this at $150-200 a month possibly.

NHIColo could probably cut you that deal for $100/month, however..well..this definately isn't a recommendation for going with them.

You may talk to mzima.net, they definately have quality bandwidth, I recommend them. Tell them Nick sent you, but it won't be $100/month, NHIColo or United Colo could probably cut that deal..

BTW, Pihana (or now Equinix - 818 7th) is just as good as Equinix - LA or One Wilshire for what he's speaking of. Pihana is a GREAT datacenter, not as much transit in there, but the datacenter has potential.

425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
eTail West 2014 Web Hosting Events 2014-02-06 18:52:42
Digital West Networks Expands to East Coast with New York POP Web Hosting News 2013-12-12 15:01:35
Host4Geeks Adds Los Angeles and Orlando Data Center Locations Web Hosting News 2013-07-15 10:39:27
Colocation Firm Telehouse Expands Telehouse West Data Center in London Web Hosting News 2012-09-19 09:43:28
Branding and Positioning in the Hosting Industry -- HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-17 14:36:34