Hurricane Electric

What is everyone's opinion on the HE datacenter? I'm thinking of ordering a server that'll be located in their DC through someone else. Thanks everyone

Good network, solid DC. Install times are not very good, and they are costly.

Which area are you looking at? San Jose I'd assume?
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Excellent, solid network. Very reliable. Install times aren't terrible, as long as you stay "on them" about it. You might also do better in terms of customer service and price by going with a reseller.

Our experience with HE has been good, first just as a customer and then as a reseller. I would highly recommend them.
    Sitelutions: www.sitelutions.com -- Reliable Hosting, Low-Cost Domains, Dynamic DNS
    IFlex Data Center.: FlexData.Center
    Northern Virginia & Washington DC Area Data Center Colocation

Never used them. But I heard there great. BTW... how much do they charge per gig?

Hurricane Electric doesn't sell bandwidth per-GB -- like most large providers. If you pay per-Mbps directly to HE, you'll be in the range of $125-$200 per Mbps for fairly low commits, from what I've seen.

If you want per-GB via HE, consider a reseller. Some resellers offer per-GB HE, including us.

Good luck.

-Russell
    Sitelutions: www.sitelutions.com -- Reliable Hosting, Low-Cost Domains, Dynamic DNS
    IFlex Data Center.: FlexData.Center
    Northern Virginia & Washington DC Area Data Center Colocation

Hurricane Electric is great. I have been to their data center in Fremont, CA and I was very impressed.

I second takiman. What I like about HE other than their solid bandwidth, they are staffed 24/7. Most of the time, their assistance is free (you may want to confirm this with your provider). In my opinion, HE is one of the best performing and stable data center in California (performance and financially).
    Reyner Natahamidjaja
    :: Global IP Networks - Tier 3 Data Center and Managed IT Solutions
    :: SSAE 16 SOC-2, PCI and HIPAA Compliant
    :: https://gipnetworks.com

We've been reselling bandwidth and colocation for Hurricane Electric for more than a year now, and have nothing but praises for their service and quality. If anybody needs a reference, drop me a PM i'd be glad to provide a testimonial.

Cheers
    ONEfusion - We're All About Hosting
    WHM/Cpanel Hosting, VDS, colocation
    http://www.onefusion.com/
    DarkOrb Partner NOC

just fyi, HE also runs one of the most biggest IPv6 backbones in the world as to date.

-hc
    TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
    Metro-Boston Affordable Colocation, Dedicated Servers & IP Consulting
    http://www.towardex.com
    inquiry@towardex.com