Question Who's the decision maker at small & medium sized hosting companies?

Hello,

I am currently doing research for a project and I would like to know whom I need to contact at small to medium sized hosting companies.

I am not in the industry and I'm unfamiliar with the structure of hosting companies.

If I wanted to convince a hosting company to try/install a 3rd party cPanel add-on, would I contact the sys admin, or the CEO?

I would prefer not to waste my time contacting the wrong person and not getting any response.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you in advance

I doubt you'll find too many companies with direct contacts on their websites to management, but I think that any decent support staff would redirect you or escalate your ticket to management if you asked them to do so.

We've certainly had several such tickets along the years, and it doesn't seem like an issue to me to go about it this way. Just open a sales or support ticket and ask to be directed to the management or deciding authority in that company.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Andei View Post
    I doubt you'll find too many companies with direct contacts on their websites to management, but I think that any decent support staff would redirect you or escalate your ticket to management if you asked them to do so.

We've certainly had several such tickets along the years, and it doesn't seem like an issue to me to go about it this way. Just open a sales or support ticket and ask to be directed to the management or deciding authority in that company.
    Hmm, good point. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by hansdesjarlais View Post
    Hello,

I am currently doing research for a project and I would like to know whom I need to contact at small to medium sized hosting companies.

I am not in the industry and I'm unfamiliar with the structure of hosting companies.

If I wanted to convince a hosting company to try/install a 3rd party cPanel add-on, would I contact the sys admin, or the CEO?

I would prefer not to waste my time contacting the wrong person and not getting any response.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you in advance
    That's going to be different for each provider, so I agree with Andei in as much as simply asking to be pointed in the right direction normally works fine. The owner may be the ultimate decision maker, but quite often they'll assign someone to intercept and evaluate offers prior to having it forwarded to them, with recommendations.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    That's going to be different for each provider, so I agree with Andei in as much as simply asking to be pointed in the right direction normally works fine. The owner may be the ultimate decision maker, but quite often they'll assign someone to intercept and evaluate offers prior to having it forwarded to them, with recommendations.
    Ok, got it, makes sense. Thanks