The best place too colo cate?

Hey i'm really confused right now Some people say bad stuff about dc's and some people say good stuff. I really don't know where to send my 1u's Thats why i posted this topic, so I can clear things up. If anyone here would like too tell me a good dc that they had great set up,support, response time etc. please post about it. I don't care if it is in east coast or west coast just wanna know some good dc's thats all
      0 Not allowed!

Why does everyone want East or West coasts? There are DC's in the middle.

Aaron
      0 Not allowed!

I meant everything!! lol. I don't care where it is, just want too know some good dc's thats all.
      0 Not allowed!

Nah, they want them on the Coast so that when their business fails they can go get their servers and chuck them over a large cliff.

Good Datacentres, depends what you mean by "good" do you mean Good Power Sources? Cheap Bandwidth? Multiple Backbones? Easy Access? Good Staff?
      0 Not allowed!

We have been with affordablecolo.com in Dallas, TX for a long time now and they have been great. Up until an outage last month due to a DoS attack, they had been up 100% for about 6 months. The price can't be beat for that amount of reliability.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Joseph_M
    Nah, they want them on the Coast so that when their business fails they can go get their servers and chuck them over a large cliff.

Good Datacentres, depends what you mean by "good" do you mean Good Power Sources? Cheap Bandwidth? Multiple Backbones? Easy Access? Good Staff?
    Sorry about not being specific The stuff you just mentioned was exaclty i was looking for. I'm looking for a dc with Good Power Sources,Cheap Bandwidth,Multiple Backbones,Easy Access. Thanks for clearing that up.
      0 Not allowed!

Defender Hosting has awesome colocation, its EXTREMELY fast. They have space in 2 different places, so you can pick the one that is right for you.

I have had 100% uptime with them since day 1.
      0 Not allowed!

when was day 1?
    [AIM]: BhAaD99 :: [ICQ]: 79048062 :: [MSN/eMail]: lad_b@hotmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Roughly 6 or 7 months ago....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by neonlexx
    Defender Hosting has awesome colocation, its EXTREMELY fast. They have space in 2 different places, so you can pick the one that is right for you.

I have had 100% uptime with them since day 1.
    I read a lot of good things about Defender Hosting so sent them a sales email on 3rd August. Still no answer and I've just checked in their Cerberus and it was just closed without an answer.

It's a shame because I was impressed by everything I read
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?
      0 Not allowed!

I'd say you need all of the above to have a good DC.

Cheap bandwidth with multiple backbones is useless without decent power... etc.
    Robin Balen
    Gyron Internet Ltd - http://gyron.net/
    UK colocation, managed hosting and connectivity services with 100% uptime SLAs
      0 Not allowed!

Hey I would actually prefer a dc in texas because my partner lives in texas. Doens't matter too me though since i live in Winnipeg, Canada which has none But anyways I would like too know some texas dc's. I really like www.affordablecolo.com there very cheap and look reliable, thanks for posting that There should be allot in texas, I hope
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Jim_UK
    I read a lot of good things about Defender Hosting so sent them a sales email on 3rd August. Still no answer and I've just checked in their Cerberus and it was just closed without an answer.

It's a shame because I was impressed by everything I read
    They aren't quick to answer sales questions because they are usually tending to their clients. If you would like a more direct means to contact them try contacting Tom via AIM (SN = IPHead) or his forum id on here is "TomK"

If you search, you will find my reviews of them. They are a great team.
      0 Not allowed!

I went through the same research process last fall and settled on Ventures Online in Denver. Their bandwidth is not cheap, but seems to be very high in quality (which is what I wanted). When I access the server from the Boston area through a cable modem, it is usually almost as fast as working on my local machine. My server's web service is monitored by Alertra, which reports an average response time of one to two seconds always, and never any downtime from the network.

The cost for rack space is reasonable, as is the $65/hour charge for hands-on support, if you ever need it, which you won't very often if at all. I can't comment on support response time because I haven't needed anything yet.

Occasionally you see people in the forums complaining about their shared hosting, but as a data center for your machine, VO seems to be outstanding -- ideal if your priority is best possible performance for your web visitors.
      0 Not allowed!

Another reputable colocation provider is http://www.servermatrix.com or http://www.theplanet.com which is the same company (The Planet) also located in Dallas.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hey rs is in dallas. I'm just wondering, they have such huge dc's why can't they just do colo cation as well?
      0 Not allowed!

Rackshack is Houston, not Dallas. If they did colo they would need to provide more support than they usually do.
      0 Not allowed!

this is where I will have my colo when I'm ready

http://www.aplushosting.com/english/...location.phtml
      0 Not allowed!

Have you guys heard of sagonet.com? I might colo too them since I can get great deals with them since my friend works there
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Globex Hosting
    Have you guys heard of sagonet.com? I might colo too them since I can get great deals with them since my friend works there
    Yeah, Sagonet was the company that took over UnitedColo and moved all of UnitedColo's customers to Florida.

You can search the forum for more information, but I've heard mostly bad things about them.

Personally, I'd go with a more reputable colo provider, especially considering you have more than one server. But then again, I'm extremely picky when it comes to quality and I don't mind paying a bit more to get top-quality service.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dsotmoon
    this is where I will have my colo when I'm ready

http://www.aplushosting.com/english/...location.phtml
    Am I reading that right? $50/month for 20GB of "value" bandwidth? 20GB isn't much... we have single websites that use twice that in a month! I can't imagine that people could actually stay under 20GB/month when colocating an entire server...

Speaking of that, how much is overage? I don't see it on their site.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!
      0 Not allowed!